By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6 Complete Car List Revealed - There's "only" 1,197 of 'em, not the claimed 1,200!

Tagged games:

Proof that Polyphony don't even know which cars are in their games. For example the '73 Lancia Stratos and the '94 Cizeta V16T have been in Gran Turismo since GT4.

Weird stuff like dropping the Bentley Speed 8 in favor of the older Bentley EXP Speed 8 which didn't race in 2003, but the list says it's from 2003...

Three new modern Pikes Peak cars. All of them driven by Tajima. Loeb? Who is that guy?

It seems like they've dropped the formula cars and the Red Bulls. I like it.

Good to see the Audi Sport Quattro and Ferrari 250 GTO.

Around the Network

So then it's Polyphony's new game that is set in space, not Naughty Dog's

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

* This list is one part of the cars planned for inclusion, and is subject to change.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt6/carlist_en.html

PD is holding some surprises for the launch. 

Just for Brasil dudes... he come from dead to sig my GT6 cover.

ethomaz said:

Just for Brasil dudes... he came from dead to sig my GT6 cover.

Wish the whole world got this pack. Oh well at least i get the (STUPIDLY FUCKING EXPENSIVE, FUCK YOU EB GAMES) Limited 15th Anniversary Edition

Around the Network
Player2 said:

Proof that Polyphony don't even know which cars are in their games. For example the '73 Lancia Stratos and the '94 Cizeta V16T have been in Gran Turismo since GT4.

Weird stuff like dropping the Bentley Speed 8 in favor of the older Bentley EXP Speed 8 which didn't race in 2003, but the list says it's from 2003...

Three new modern Pikes Peak cars. All of them driven by Tajima. Loeb? Who is that guy?

It seems like they've dropped the formula cars and the Red Bulls. I like it.

Good to see the Audi Sport Quattro and Ferrari 250 GTO.

The '73 Lancia Stratos and '94 Cizeta V16T are listed as new cars because they are premium cars for the first time. That Loeb fellow is Sebastien Loeb who is currently the best and best known off road race driver on the planet.  Also the Red Bull cars are still in the game #356 through #359 on the list.

ktay95 said:
why does everyone care so much about premium cars. They really aren't anything special over the standard cars.

They look way better and are the only ones that have real interiors of course if you only drive in third person, hood or first person mode you will not notice a huge difference between most premium and standard cars.

KylieDog said:
Normando said:
KylieDog said:
Would rather 300 cars and all premium.

Way too many useless piles of crap nobody ever uses and way too many similar cars that are just fluff, like all the Skylines and Roadsters

What? Even if you took out all of the similar cars you'd probably still have north of 900 cars. Also, some of my favorite cars in GT5 as standard cars. Would it be better if they were all premium? Sure, but I'd rather have the cars be standard than not have them at all. It's the driving, and not the graphics that matter after all.

Take away the similar cars AND the crap ones.  Probably about 400-500 left.  Nobody uses them, they won't be missed.

You clearly don't get GT games ot its fanbase..................Many love the slower cars..............

KylieDog said:
BrainCramps said:

You clearly don't get GT games ot its fanbase..................Many love the slower cars..............

Never saw them online aside from about 2 races.

?? There are slower car rooms all the time...in fact they are very popular, not sure if serious...Many SERIOUS racers prefer slower cars.

@KylieDog I'm with you on the crap cars (cars that start out with under 100hp) most them are pretty useless even when fully upgraded.  In Forza most of the weak cars are still useable since it has class based races and fully upgraded they usually jump up two to three car classes and become a lot more usefull then the weak cars in GT.