By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6 Complete Car List Revealed - There's "only" 1,197 of 'em, not the claimed 1,200!

Tagged games:

There are a lot of room for less than 100HP cars in GT5.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
BrainCramps said:
KylieDog said:
BrainCramps said:

You clearly don't get GT games ot its fanbase..................Many love the slower cars..............

Never saw them online aside from about 2 races.

?? There are slower car rooms all the time...in fact they are very popular, not sure if serious...Many SERIOUS racers prefer slower cars.

I'm not sure we have the same definition of crap cars.

So what do you mean by crap cars then?

Chris Hu said:
Player2 said:

Proof that Polyphony don't even know which cars are in their games. For example the '73 Lancia Stratos and the '94 Cizeta V16T have been in Gran Turismo since GT4.

Weird stuff like dropping the Bentley Speed 8 in favor of the older Bentley EXP Speed 8 which didn't race in 2003, but the list says it's from 2003...

Three new modern Pikes Peak cars. All of them driven by Tajima. Loeb? Who is that guy?

It seems like they've dropped the formula cars and the Red Bulls. I like it.

Good to see the Audi Sport Quattro and Ferrari 250 GTO.

The '73 Lancia Stratos and '94 Cizeta V16T are listed as new cars because they are premium cars for the first time. That Loeb fellow is Sebastien Loeb who is currently the best and best known off road race driver on the planet.  Also the Red Bull cars are still in the game #356 through #359 on the list.

If they're replacing standard cars with premium versions, why not do the same with the Alpine A110 1600S, for example? Why keep the standard one from 1973 and make a premium one from 1972? Plus the first car that needs to be premium-ed is the Formula Gran Turismo, because everybody will have to use it. It doesn't make any sense.

The Sebastian Loeb thing was sarcasm. His record-breaking Pikes Peak Peugeot isn't in the game, but we get four Pikes Peak cars used by Tajima. Plus for some reason his C4 WRC isn't in the list (but it was in GT5). It's possible that some of those cars will be announced later, though.

It seems I spoke too soon about the formula and Red Bulls...

Anyone complaining about a lot of similar cars clearly don't understand that is what exactly shows the power of the simulator... to make a Bugati Veyron different than a Lancia is easy... now make a Skyline 2000 different than a Skyline 1999 that is pro.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Kind of disappointing car wise, but it should still be a good game. Can't think of anything else coming out in December, otherwise I'd probably cancel my pre-order.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

That is a odd omission since they previously said that all the cars from GT5 would be in the game.  I was also hoping for the Peugeot 208 T16.  Well at least it got two new Peugeot that I liked in the other big time racing game the RCZ and 908.