By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl tops 1 million sales in Japan

who says these numbers are exact? I mean at the time this was published it had only been 36 hours since the week of the 10th ended. Could be higher when famitsu comes out.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Yes, yes, Legend, thanks for letting us know you were right when you claimed VGchartz was overestimating Brawl.

Famitsu says last week, Brawl sold 800,000 copies. This week they his us up with 1mill 8. That's 280,000 copies this week, they tracked, which since they undertracked it last week by 40,000, and we can safely use that as a margin for error, Source still missed the low end mark by about 80,000 units.

Yes, we saw your post in the preview saying it was over-tracked. Yes, most of us realize the purpose of this post. No, we don't care either way, if Brawl sells a few units more or less this week, because frankly, in the sales race, you, as a 360 fan, should be sweating bullets right now, instead of worrying about the Nintendo fanboys.

Goodnight.

That's not why I posted it at all, but thanks for making me look and feel like a jerk.  I was actually trying to get along with you but it's obvious now that conflict is unavoidable.  I don't like to get into fights on here so I'm going to let this pass but next time the gloves come off.

Legend11 said:

That's not why I posted it at all, but thanks for making me look and feel like a jerk. I was actually trying to get along with you but it's obvious now that conflict is unavoidable. I don't like to get into fights on here so I'm going to let this pass but next time the gloves come off.

No one is going to believe that, Legend. Everyone thinks you're the evil 360 fan of this site (Lost Tears is the true 360 mascot on this site).

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

wii fit is supply constrained, so not really a fair comparison

sure brawl's first 3 weeks will outsell wii fit's first 12 weeks, but that is due to supply constraints

wii fit's first 6 months will outsell brawl's first 6 months in japan

wii fit's first year ww will outsell brawl's first year ww

wii fit's first 2 years ww will outsell brawl's future final LTD numbers

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

^Who cares?
GO SBBB!!!!!!!!!! Hope it does even better in America

Around the Network

Well of course SSBB would sell a million in a wk.

thats not surprising..
a shipment of wii will be sold out in 2 minutes.....
now

^it wasn't a week -11 days
yeah, Wiis are sold out instantly still in America

ssbb woulda sold 1mil in 1 day if there had been supply

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Legend11 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Yes, yes, Legend, thanks for letting us know you were right when you claimed VGchartz was overestimating Brawl.

Famitsu says last week, Brawl sold 800,000 copies. This week they his us up with 1mill 8. That's 280,000 copies this week, they tracked, which since they undertracked it last week by 40,000, and we can safely use that as a margin for error, Source still missed the low end mark by about 80,000 units.

Yes, we saw your post in the preview saying it was over-tracked. Yes, most of us realize the purpose of this post. No, we don't care either way, if Brawl sells a few units more or less this week, because frankly, in the sales race, you, as a 360 fan, should be sweating bullets right now, instead of worrying about the Nintendo fanboys.

Goodnight.

That's not why I posted it at all, but thanks for making me look and feel like a jerk. I was actually trying to get along with you but it's obvious now that conflict is unavoidable. I don't like to get into fights on here so I'm going to let this pass but next time the gloves come off.

con·tra·dic·tion      [kon-truh-dik-shuhn] Pronunciation Key –noun

1.the act of contradicting; gainsaying or opposition.
2.assertion of the contrary or opposite; denial.
3.a statement or proposition that contradicts or denies another or itself and is logically incongruous.
4.direct opposition between things compared; inconsistency.
5.a contradictory act, fact, etc.

I don't blame you at all for not appreciating someone jumping to conclusions and in general I tend to agree with you here.  But those statements make absolutely no sense together.

To Each Man, Responsibility

this was expected,i hope it outsells wii fit but i think its unlikely

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"