By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Needs a New Franchise for Wii U

TheLastStarFighter said:
kitler53 said:

i would also agree with this.

..it's doesn't need to be a "halo killer" or anything.  it's just that shooters are so fucking popular these days that's it is a really conspicuous absence from nintendo's first party lineup.   hell, it could be something absolutely silly like "mario paint ball" and have sort of a mario kart-esque take on the shooter genre.  honestly, that sounds like an awesome little niche in a genre predominetly focused on gritty military/space settings.

Mario Paintball sounds like absolute brilliance.  It could be the MarioKart of shooters.  Sounds ridiculous, but I'm being fully honest saying it could be a family-friendly shooter that could sell 10's of millions.

as dumb as it sounds to agree with myself,..  i agree!!

i have a hard time imagining exactly how this works out,..  i'm just not that creative of a person.   but i'm sure nintendo can find a way to make the basic FPS mechanics into a more family friendly fare with the same focus on humor as they did in mario kart.   and if they did,...  it would sell.  not sure if it would be a 10M seller but it would do good.   i would buy it.

Around the Network

Hopefully they'll make a Halo killer.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Th3PANO said:
areason said:
nintendo needed a new franchise for the gamecube

Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing (first AC for the west), Pikmin, Metroid Prime (not necessarily a new franchise but it was the first 3D Metroid)

And these franchises did nothing for the west, and are doing nothing now for the wii-u (other then pikmin 3).

I think Nintendo is a bit more creative than a FPS, plus i don't see what they can could do that hasnt already been done with FPS's

I say it should be a game called The Wonderful 101 and be about 100 superheroes saving the world with great reviews to be guarantee to be great in the West excluding that website Polygon for Good reviews.

Oh wait, they already did that.

PLAY IT NOW.

Around the Network
areason said:
Th3PANO said:

Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing (first AC for the west), Pikmin, Metroid Prime (not necessarily a new franchise but it was the first 3D Metroid)

And these franchises did nothing for the west, and are doing nothing now for the wii-u (other then pikmin 3).

A) What the fuck are you talking about? Animal Crossing, especially the last couple, have been big sellers in the west. Luigi's Mansion has sold 1 million+ copies, with the recent 3DS game being rather popular. Pikmin games have sold over 1 million copies each, and Pikmin 3 is already at half that, with legs for sure as the system continues to expand it's user base. And Metroid Prime has also been a successful series.

B) NONE of those games outside of Pikmin are on Wii U. If Luigi's Mansion 2 would have been released early this year on Wii U instead of 3DS (Which I think would have been the better plan), it likely would have sold pretty well. If a new HD Metroid Prime game comes out for Wii U (even though I'd prefer a new 2D, classic style Metroid myself), it would be pretty much guaranteed to sell. When (not if) an Animal Crossing hits Wii U (because it's basically been one per platform each generation since GC), it is also guaranteed to sell.

So nothing you just said really makes any sense or holds any actual bearing on those franchises, their success, or Wii U's success. If Wii U had more of those types of games, it would be doing better. Period.

LiquorandGunFun said:
They would be better off improving the HD tech in the development area and rev up a new system on par with the ps4. Wait a year or 2 more and release it for $300 with a slew of bad ass nintendo games forcing the hand of the multiplatform devs to recognize.

No. Not really. Not at all. Would it have benefitted them with third parties to have a more powerful CPU, and even more RAM? Sure. But even as it is, it still has a healthy amount of RAM, and a fairly strong GPU. If Nintendo pulled a Sega and abandoned new hardware to try and release more powerful hardware in the next couple of years, they would be fools, as the whole endeavor would cost them more as a company than they'd likely make off of either system in the long-term.

What they're "better off" doing, is what they should have been doing all along: Releasing more and more games, and advertising the goddamn console.

DevilRising said:
areason said:
Th3PANO said:

A) What the fuck are you talking about? Animal Crossing, especially the last couple, have been big sellers in the west. Luigi's Mansion has sold 1 million+ copies, with the recent 3DS game being rather popular. Pikmin games have sold over 1 million copies each, and Pikmin 3 is already at half that, with legs for sure as the system continues to expand it's user base. And Metroid Prime has also been a successful series.

B) NONE of those games outside of Pikmin are on Wii U. If Luigi's Mansion 2 would have been released early this year on Wii U instead of 3DS (Which I think would have been the better plan), it likely would have sold pretty well. If a new HD Metroid Prime game comes out for Wii U (even though I'd prefer a new 2D, classic style Metroid myself), it would be pretty much guaranteed to sell. When (not if) an Animal Crossing hits Wii U (because it's basically been one per platform each generation since GC), it is also guaranteed to sell.

So nothing you just said really makes any sense or holds any actual bearing on those franchises, their success, or Wii U's success. If Wii U had more of those types of games, it would be doing better. Period.

i ment the wii 

especially animal crossing, was a real good idea. i mean it got people man and women and girls to play it as well.

Its funny when girls play the sims, Ea makes sure that every Tv channel in every country tells everyone how smart they are because girls play their games.

Seriously Animal Crossing, it isnt even worth a mention, people even say it did nothing in the west.

i know women play all kinds of games and some dont even like animal crossing. But its funny how Nintendo never gets love from the media and Microsoft and EA get all the good publicity.

new franchises... yeah...pfffff.... : P

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=164684

62 exclusive franchises and counting..... Nintendo can create a million franchises every year and people will still be complaining.