By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Tsutaya Game Ranking (Oct 28 - Nov 3)

I thought the new bundles included codes for digital copies of the games, not physical copies? Well that's what I get from Nintendo's site anyway. So unless Tsutaya counts digital sales, I don't think Wii Party U's position says much about how the new bundles performed.

Around the Network

Keep holding out on hope i guess...

forest-spirit said:

I thought the new bundles included codes for digital copies of the games, not physical copies? Well that's what I get from Nintendo's site anyway. So unless Tsutaya counts digital sales, I don't think Wii Party U's position says much about how the new bundles performed.

It says a lot actually. Bundles are usually only a little bit of total sw sales. So unless for some miraclous reason this one and only bundle out performed the stand alone copy then its pretty safe to say it didnt meet expectations

justiceiro said:
WiiU 20K confirmed? And i tough the bundled was included in the overall position of the game, no?

What? Why would this confirm 20k Wii U? Wii U Party might not have even broken 20k considering its below GTA5 and that sold 50k last week so im expecting 25-30k this week

Max King of the Wild said:
forest-spirit said:

It says a lot actually. Bundles are usually only a little bit of total sw sales. So unless for some miraclous reason this one and only bundle out performed the stand alone copy then its pretty safe to say it didnt meet expectations

its not pretty safe to say anything without any numbers, if Wii party U doesn't count as physical copy sold for bundles wat makes you think we can compare, nobody knows. It could be very very bad or the complete opposite, you make it sound like your sure but in reality your only guessing.

Also ever notice ranking here for nintendo games dont usally add up to the total sales. There were lots of times a nintendo game ending up a lower rank here but on media creates it was number 1 (or just simply higher). I tjink COMG had Wii Party U placed higher than Rank 9

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

its not pretty safe to say anything without any numbers, if Wii party U doesn't count as physical copy sold for bundles wat makes you think we can compare, nobody knows. It could be very very bad or the complete opposite, you make it sound like your sure but in reality your only guessing.

Also ever notice ranking here for nintendo games dont usally add up to the total sales. There were lots of times a nintendo game ending up a lower rank here but on media creates it was number 1 (or just simply higher). I tjink COMG had Wii Party U placed higher than Rank 9

Well if the ranking is messed up then thats one thing. Im going by this ranking. And by this ranking Wii party U has sold under 30k stand alone for sure. Now tell me. When have you EVER seen HW sell as many units as the SW that is boosting it? (Excluding launch). 

tbone51 said:

Well if the ranking is messed up then thats one thing. Im going by this ranking. And by this ranking Wii party U has sold under 30k stand alone for sure. Now tell me. When have you EVER seen HW sell as many units as the SW that is boosting it? (Excluding launch). 

This is wat i mean, we have no numbers to say anything at all, Look at COMG, it finished with 74points. Games that had those points sold between 20k-75k before, there is no way to tell. The ranking you see here is just one out of Several major retailers. Lets just wait for Wednesday to actually see numbers before saying its Disprovened

forest-spirit said:

The new bundles aren't just console + Wii Party U bundles though, they also include New Super Mario Bros. U and Wii Fit U, so apart from getting them for Wii Party U there are also people getting it for the other games or a combination of them, or simply because it's a good deal and a nice way to get started with the Wii U. I'm not saying that Wii U will sell like 50k or something, it might do 20k if it's lucky, but Wii Party U's placement on the Tsutaya chart is far from good enough to tell how the HW did. Heck, even Amazon would be better.

Ninjahound101 said:

or completely proven true since Wii Party U being number 9 might hint a lot of people buying the bundle instead of a console and the game, we'll have to wait and see only 2 more days

i really want to see those sales as much as i wanted to see FW sales of Pikmin 3, hope they will be as satisfying

Oh im sure there were more bundles sold than sw (sarcasm)

They had two games so asuming WiiParty U did 30K bundles could've done 21K as i expected for a sum of 51K i see the game doing 1-1.5 million LT

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

Can we get a list ranking? The images are blocked at my work. :-/

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.