By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Be careful on the xbox.com forums

Tagged games:

ganoncrotch said:
Seece said:

Your bio was deemed as racist by the sounds of it?

Oh look at me, defending the french, has hell frozen over? :P

like I said would be strange if that was the case because even before I had shiny C achievement I've had that tag on my profile since before Super street fighter 4 landed.

From C to Shining C
You think you're good, don't you? Prove it by ranking up all characters to C Rank!
50 Unlocked on 09/04/2011
that was the date I set that motto on...

I'm guessing it's taken that long for it to either flag up on their side or a user reported you.

Around the Network
Seece said:
ganoncrotch said:
Seece said:

Your bio was deemed as racist by the sounds of it?

Oh look at me, defending the french, has hell frozen over? :P

like I said would be strange if that was the case because even before I had shiny C achievement I've had that tag on my profile since before Super street fighter 4 landed.

From C to Shining C
You think you're good, don't you? Prove it by ranking up all characters to C Rank!
50 Unlocked on 09/04/2011
that was the date I set that motto on...

I'm guessing it's taken that long for it to either flag up on their side or a user reported you.

Prolly someone clicked on my account so after I made the comment on the forums and clicked report from there since like I said I've not played anything online on the system in a few months. I'll still have to find out fully tbh and call them up tomorrow I'd never risk getting banned for something and not knowing what I'd actually done wrong, I'm a saint when it comes to online activity, think I got 1 3 day ban from Wow in 8 years of play for calling someone a retard when they were acting like a retard and yeah made it over 1k posts on here without warning. I play nice :o for the most part.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

They probably dont like the "fuck" in the bio, When you posted on the forums other users must have clicked on your profile in anger and saw it and reported it to spite you for saying the ps4 comment.

Seems completely retarded they wont tell you exactly what they are banning you for, How are you supposed to correct yourself?

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

I take deep offense of your generalisation and racism towards all French people. Your attitudes towards French people is based on pure ignorance. If your racism was directed at ethnicity or a religious group then it would have been a permanent ban. Swearing in your bio too, two offenses have been made and your ban was light, it could have been permanent.

DD_Bwest said:
They probably dont like the "fuck" in the bio, When you posted on the forums other users must have clicked on your profile in anger and saw it and reported it to spite you for saying the ps4 comment.

Seems completely retarded they wont tell you exactly what they are banning you for, How are you supposed to correct yourself?

yeah seems likely that this is the reason for the 24 hour sin binning and yeah agree 100% sending me an email that says "don't do it again" but also "we wont tell you what you did" is just stupid.

Like I said tho the ban doesn't affect me outside of having to maybe stick some Avis' on a mem stick tomorrow instead of clicking on youtube but still, I don't like to get bans on anything, over a clear exclaimation of happiness to a rock hard achievement is just nuts, especially when to some countries words like Damn is a swear word.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
I take deep offense of your generalisation and racism towards all French people. Your attitudes towards French people is based on pure ignorance. If your racism was directed at ethnicity or a religious group then it would have been a permanent ban. Swearing in your bio too, two offenses have been made and your ban was light, it could have been permanent.

Whoa hold the phone here, the message in my bio said I wont accept player matches with french players, since it's an online game where the only difference playing it online is getting feedback after games and I 100% cannot read french there is no point in me playing them, also if you've ever played against someone with a french flag on xboxlive you'll know that the outcome is going to either include a quit before the game ends or else just ye pointless spam of french regarding the goings on in the game. Would you consider it racism to say you didn't like sitting down watching a french film with no subs?

edited - ignorance would suggest lack of expereince where as my attitude towards those gamers was 100% based on experiences in games.

ganoncrotch said:
JOKA_ said:
Are you allowed to swear in a bio?

to have "fuck yeah" after the achievement name? I would think so, I've had it on there for about 12 months like I've said since I got the achievement, unless everyone on the forums who was pissed off with me on xbox.com just all clicked my profile and reported it for anything they could after I made the post. it's also an underground lvl of profile. not on family.

I worked as a game master for an online game, and we would need to take action against swears sometimes. People would put it in their profile, but it wouldn't get found until a random person read it then reported it. That may have been what happened. 

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

I got banned from Xbox Live! for having the word "Shit" in my profile for a couple days, back when Dinosaurs roamed the earth.
The irony there is, it's really not even a swear word along some of the more profane language, yet even so people use far worse language over voice chat anyway who never get banned.

So really, the best way to do it, is not to give Microsoft a reason to ban you in the first place. :)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

JOKA_ said:
ganoncrotch said:
JOKA_ said:
Are you allowed to swear in a bio?

to have "fuck yeah" after the achievement name? I would think so, I've had it on there for about 12 months like I've said since I got the achievement, unless everyone on the forums who was pissed off with me on xbox.com just all clicked my profile and reported it for anything they could after I made the post. it's also an underground lvl of profile. not on family.

I worked as a game master for an online game, and we would need to take action against swears sometimes. People would put it in their profile, but it wouldn't get found until a random person read it then reported it. That may have been what happened. 

yeah could be that so, just like was said earlier by posting on the xbox.com forums someone who was prolly not a huge fan of what I said clicked my profile and clicked report out of spite, Guess the message of "don't annoy fellow xbox users before the ps4 launches" just doesn't make sense to some people :D

As far as customer service goes, yeah, they'd have no clue. They'd probably just see the same message you got. Most support personnel are contracted and have little real power. The enforcement team is internal, if I remember correctly. They operate separately.

You should be allowed to say that you don't accept invitations from French people as long as you do not insult them. That's your right. What you have written, though, might have confused the agent and they took it as some kind of disparaging remark. I'd remove the swear word and make sure I had a period between the two phrases.

And, yeah, someone reported you.