By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X360 Software Passes DS in America

disolitude said:
@ferret1603

I think the last sentance of my post touches up on that...

I'm sorry but your posts last sentance gets me blabing as I play the 360 a lot and I hate FPS games. There is other stuff on that system worth playing...

yes but they dont sell. most FPS are sellers on the 360.... blue dragon good game but didnt sell. and same for MOST if not all other types of games that are not FPS.

i am a 360 owner with a lot less FPS then anyone so i aggree but people buy 360 for Halo......not much of anything esle

Around the Network

360 is a software monster

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Its an interesting statistic... but I have to confess I don't know what to do with it. Seems like more of a 'and so?' type observation to me, as in what does it infer, that consoles sell more software than handhelds? That 360 will outsell DS?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I guess people always want the Next big FPS... It also helps the 360 that they have a game with a 50% attach rate, and few others with really high AT rates...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

ferret1603 said:
Does anyone know why it's so popular in the US but not elsewhere?

People keep going on about how the world hates America and won't buy XBoxes because of it but I can only assume that's nonsense as the majority of the developed world has Windows on their home computer. Secondly, if you asked the average person in the street in Europe where Sony came from I expect they'd tell you America too. People tend to assume that all big companies are American becasuse most of them are.

I think the RRoD has seriously damaged sales outside America but that doesn't explain why it isn't damaging sales inside America to the same extent.

Maybe it really is the case that the US and UK like shooters and the rest of the world doesn't.

Most europeans are more educated than americans and know that sony is japanese. anti americanism doesn't explain the difference but is a factor.

Around the Network

[edit:  This post was made based on a wrong assumption I somehow made.  Whoops!]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Frodo30 said:
ferret1603 said:
Does anyone know why it's so popular in the US but not elsewhere?

People keep going on about how the world hates America and won't buy XBoxes because of it but I can only assume that's nonsense as the majority of the developed world has Windows on their home computer. Secondly, if you asked the average person in the street in Europe where Sony came from I expect they'd tell you America too. People tend to assume that all big companies are American becasuse most of them are.

I think the RRoD has seriously damaged sales outside America but that doesn't explain why it isn't damaging sales inside America to the same extent.

Maybe it really is the case that the US and UK like shooters and the rest of the world doesn't.

Most europeans are more educated than americans and know that sony is japanese. anti americanism doesn't explain the difference but is a factor.

Why would someone from the UK be assuming an American level of consumer education instead of a European one for how many people in Europe realize the nationality of a given company?

Or do you have numbers that back up your assertion instead of ferret1603's?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Dno said:
disolitude said:
@ferret1603

I think the last sentance of my post touches up on that...

I'm sorry but your posts last sentance gets me blabing as I play the 360 a lot and I hate FPS games. There is other stuff on that system worth playing...

yes but they dont sell. most FPS are sellers on the 360.... blue dragon good game but didnt sell. and same for MOST if not all other types of games that are not FPS.

i am a 360 owner with a lot less FPS then anyone so i aggree but people buy 360 for Halo......not much of anything esle

This isn't entirely true. Here are the top 11 sellers, WW, on the 360. Yep, Halo 3 is at the top, but Forza is in there, Assassins Creed, Guitar Hero III, Oblivion, etc. So there are other popular titles on the 360 besides just FPS games.

Halo 3Microsoft0.105.291.817.20
Gears Of WarMicrosoft0.083.221.664.96
Call of Duty 4: Modern WarfareActivision0.063.191.374.62
Forza Motorsport 2Microsoft0.042.511.033.58
Marvel: Ultimate AllianceActivision0.002.350.002.35
Assassins CreedUbisoft0.072.161.103.33
Madden NFL 08EA Sports0.002.020.032.05
Guitar Hero III: Legends of RockRedOctane0.001.880.342.22
Madden NFL 07EA0.011.750.041.80
Guitar Hero IIRedOctane0.001.580.341.92
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion2k Games0.081.570.722.37

EDIT: Sorry... those are the top 11 in NA, not WW. 

^ Interesting. The top 3 are all FPS (fine fine technically a 3rdPS) but the rest of the top 10 is a different story altogether. Still not a whole ton of diversity (2 x Madden, 2 x Guitar Hero) but not "OMG FPS". (And there's only one publisher in the top 10 that has only one thing in the top 10.)

brute said:
360 is a software monster

i even have to admit that! it beat DS which has a user base over almost 4x as high!