By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100

Nintendo news of 16/07/2014: Thank goodness I stayed up late. I thought the presentation was tomorrow. I didn't realize how long this was gonna be... Weekly sales analysis tomorrow!

• Details from the new Fatal Frame. We have a trailer with release date (on Japan), and some High Quality pics!
  • We might know when Smash Bros. U will come out... Or not! Just a *[ROUMOR]*
  • The Gamecube controller for Wii U is not only for Smash!
  • Media Create: ... Sweet Flying Oreos! Let's start with small stuff. The Wii U sold only 8.6k units, it fell bad last week. But MK8 keeps doing some good numbers, with 15k units. And the 3DS sold... 61k units! And Yokai Watch 2 sold 1.31 million units (hehehehe) on it's debut! It even outsold it's prequel in just 4 days! If you still care about the other numbers: The original YW sold another 19k units, Taiko Drum Master sold 15k, and Pokemon Art Academy sold 7k units. FUN FACT: Half of the top 20 games are from the 3DS...
  • It was a long run for the Big 3... But they have met their demise! They can't compete anymore...
  • The prizes for Platinum and Gold members of ClubNintendo are out! They are all games, so no shipping, or any special SoundTrack, poster, or anything... Yeah, sucks for many. But I don't know about you, this is my chance to finally play Earthbound

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

this weeks North American downloads

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/07/nintendo_download_17th_july_north_america

top selling software in Japan for first half of 2014
http://nintendoeverything.com/japanese-software-sales-for-the-first-half-of-2014-top-50/

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Still no Shovel Knight here

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Still no Shovel Knight here

its ok were ready.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Around the Network

Wii U News for July 17, 2014:
1: Wii U software is up over 200% in UK
2: Wii U had a hardware boost of 233% compared to last june(so 140k :) )
3: Mario Kart 8 is at 885k ltd sales in America first 5 weeks.
5: Fatal Frame 5 had its trailer and presentation and is coming out in september
good day

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

3DS news of 17/07/2014: Many, many sales numbers and updates, so I sadly can't give all my opinions. But first things first: Shovel Knight! And, in my opinion, Wii U is saved for ONE simple thing...

• Yacht Club details how thing are looking for Shovel Knight on Europe, Australia and Japan! (With a pretty cool graph...)
  • The weekly numbers are up! During the week of 5th of July, the 3DS sold 126k units (being stable), and over 446k games (a decrease of 5%). It's best selling games were (Yokai Watch 2 comes out the following week btw) TL with 74k units, Pokemon X/Y with 42k units, Yokai Watch with 27k units, and Taiko Drum Master with 26k; followed by Kirby, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart 7, 3D Land, and Pokemon Art Academy. The Wii U sold 62k units (showing a possible baseline of 60k, and it was an increase of 4%), and sold over 245k games. It's best selling games was Mario Kart 8 with 104k units (which is now over 2 million LT); followed by NSMBU, NSLU, 3D World, Wind Waker (1 million LTD achieved!), Tropical Freeze, and Wii Party U. Many milestones broken by Wii U games!
  • Majora's Mask 3D on Target? Should we trust them?
  • Nintendo will bring 20 games, from 1st patries like SSB4 to 3rd parties and indies like Bayonetta 2 and Shovel Knight, to San Diego's Comic-Con!
  • The best selling games in June for the US were released thanks to NPD! Mario Kart 8 is #2, and Tomodachi Life is at #9.
  • And Nintendo's response to NPD is way better than I expected: Mario Kart 8 sold 470k on June, and has over 885k units sold LTD (both digital + retail). And Tomodachi Life sold over 175k units LTD (also digital + retail). But the big deal was this: The Wii U finally sold over 100k units in a month outside of christmas, selling 140k units!And the 3DS wasn't very far, with 150k units! Now, in my opinion, for the Wii U to sell so close to the 3DS, it means that it has turned around in my opinion. Hopefully it can keep this numbers and go higher when more games come this half of the year!
  • Yes, this was incredibly long. But if you find all that up there boring, I HIGHLY recommend you go to the → NPD thread!← It has LTD sales from many other games, and it gives us an idea of how much some games are selling digitally. Really, go over there, it will be way better than my analysis. You only need to read the OP.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

Slarvax said:

• And Nintendo's response to NPD is way better than I expected: Mario Kart 8 sold 470k on June, and has over 885k units sold LTD (both digital + retail). And Tomodachi Life sold over 175k units LTD (also digital + retail). But the big deal was this: The Wii U finally sold over 100k units in a month outside of christmas, selling 140k units!And the 3DS wasn't very far, with 150k units! Now, in my opinion, for the Wii U to sell so close to the 3DS, it means that it has turned around in my opinion. Hopefully it can keep this numbers and go higher when more games come this half of the year!
  • Yes, this was incredibly long. But if you find all that up there boring, I HIGHLY recommend you go to the → NPD thread!← It has LTD sales from many other games, and it gives us an idea of how much some games are selling digitally. Really, go over there, it will be way better than my analysis. You only need to read the OP.

Those MK8 sales don't include bundles though. 

I also highly recommend you don't go to the NPD thread. It's like a minefield over there.

Clyde32 said:
Slarvax said:

Those MK8 sales don't include bundles though. 

I also highly recommend you don't go to the NPD thread. It's like a minefield over there.

I only mean the OP, not the discussions there! 

And regarding the MK8 sales, they came from Nintendo themselves, so they include the bundles. The chart from NPD doesn't though.

Both WiiU and 3DS did quite well! Congrars, Ninty!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---