By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100

A quick note.

My plan was to update this week but due to my carelessness it seems physically impossible for that to happen.

Please be patient just a little longer!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Ok but can you at least give me a hint how many coins I have 

please.....

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
japan only famicon game is coming to eshop soon

http://mynintendonews.com

Oh, so Nintendo Land's Takamaru's Ninja Castle was based off that game? Pretty cool!  I might give it a try!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Conegamer said:
A quick note.

My plan was to update this week but due to my carelessness it seems physically impossible for that to happen.

Please be patient just a little longer!

Makes me wonder...

Don't worry! You've done too much for this site in the last couple of weeks. If you can do it before E3, all will be forgiven

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

OfficerRaichu15 said:

Ok but can you at least give me a hint how many coins I have 

please.....

Around the Network

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Why in the world haven't I posted here yet? Oh well, tagged for the future.

Wii U News for May 25,2014:
1:Well this is Nintendo News but Nintendo stocks have rise a little .
2: No Hyrule Warriors Wii U bundle in Japan sadly.
3: Nintendo wont comment on NFC in Super Smash Bros.
4: People in Paris are getting to play Mario Kart early!
5: Wario Stadium comparison by gamexplain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZTu8jkg8FA
Heres the picture of Nintendos stocks from April 30th to present day.

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

3DS news of 26/05/2014: Not much, but enough...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Today in Nintendo History

Pandora's Tower was released in Japan! (2011)

Don't worry, this isn't going to be a feature that only includes Wii titles.

Anyhow, Pandora's Tower was an oddity. One of the the latter games published by Nintendo for the Wii, it was only announced a few months before release. As late as New Years 2011, its existence was a secret. Even the developer, Ganbarion, was unknown until less than two weeks before launch. It was as if Nintendo lacked faith in this game to do well.

Despite this, a few weeks after its Japanese release, Pandora's Tower became part of a trio of games that were demanded by Operation Rainfall. Along with Xenoblade and The Last Story, this was considered to be one of the three big JRPG's Nintendo HAD to bring to the West in order to satisfy its fans.

For the longest time, Pandora's Tower seemed doomed to a limited release. Even after Nintendo of Europe released it in April 2012, the game was still unconfirmed for American audiences. It wasn't until January 2013, after the launch of the Wii U, that Xseed announced that they would bring the game to America. Finally, it came out in April 2013 for Americans, nearly two years after its Japanese release.

Ultimately though, Pandora's Tower was not much of a success. In each Japan, Europe, and then North America, it failed to reach 100,000 copies sold. It was likely hurt by the plumetting popularity of the Wii at the time, as 2013 wasn't exactly a bannyear for the system. Still, even critics weren't huge fans. Famitsu gave a decent 31/40, while the West gave it a Metascore of 73, well below Xenoblade's 90+ score and even The Last Story. When IGN recounted the top Wii Games of all time last year, this was the only ber of the Rainfall trilogy to not make the Top 25.

Pandora's Tower is not considered a bad game, but it has few diehard fans. Ultimately, it will be remembered as the "third Project Rainfall game" or "that weird Action-RPG that came out after the Wii U but for the Wii," if at all. It simply came out at the wrong time and was not quite grand enough to be remembered as this generation's Kirby's Adventure or something of that ilk. Nevertheless, the fact that it DID eventually come out worldwide is encouraging. It shows that publishers, even in this day and age, are willing to take risks on Nintendo platforms. And that is why I decided to look back at it today.

Not the best feature ever, but tomorrow, I get to write about a certain Famicom RPG...