By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100
Conegamer said:

I was thinking about maybe starting a section where someone poses a big question once a week for us all to have a go at answering. If that sounds good, anyway. Should hopefully provide some encouraging discussion and debating, all friendly ofcourse!

So my question is, can the Wii U really be turned around, or is it too far gone now? I'm undecided, really. The Wii U hasn't been handled well so far this year, a sad fact. But I think the next 6 months could be what the system needs. The big issue is whether or not it can withstand the new console launches. IF it can, it should be able to hold its own next year. If it struggles to hold its own...I don't see anything which would make a major difference.

Nintendo should start cancelling games for the 3DS and send them instead for the WiiU.

Around the Network

It depends on what you mean with "turn around". If you mean having a console that ends up selling between 30-50 million units and that is profitable for Nintendo, then yes, not only they can do it but they will do it.

Instead, if you mean making the WiiU the best selling console this gen, then no, I don't think it will happen.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

My feeling is the Wii U has until June 30, 2014 to turn itself around. By that point, Nintendo will have fired virtually every big gun they have for the system, with the possible exception of Smash Bros. 2D Mario, 3D Mario, minigames, party games, Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Mario Kart, and Donkey Kong Country will all be out for a while by June of 2014. If that AND the $50 price cut can't get the Wii U to at least GameCube levels (assuming HD consoles leg better than SD ones), then Nintendo should seriously consider ending this gen as soon as possible.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
My feeling is the Wii U has until June 30, 2014 to turn itself around. By that point, Nintendo will have fired virtually every big gun they have for the system, with the possible exception of Smash Bros. 2D Mario, 3D Mario, minigames, party games, Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Mario Kart, and Donkey Kong Country will all be out for a while by June of 2014. If that AND the $50 price cut can't get the Wii U to at least GameCube levels (assuming HD consoles leg better than SD ones), then Nintendo should seriously consider ending this gen as soon as possible.

What do you mean by "ending this gen as soon as possible"?

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Nintendo News: Noontime November 10, 2013 Edition

• In case anybody didn't know, the latest Mario & Sonic game comes bundled with a Wiimote.
  • NintendoLand appears to be missing from the American eShop.
  • Five hour impressions of Zelda 3DS are in. And they are positive. Although the bees sound ominous...
  • It's the 65th birthday of Shigesato Itoi, aka the guy who made the Mother/Earthbound series.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Salnax said:

Coming out with their 9th generation console ASAP. Doing something like what Microsoft did with the 360, when the original Xbox only really was supported for four years or so. I can imagine a desperate Nintendo releasing the first 9th gen console (perhaps with 16 GB of RAM and all the works) as early as holiday 2016 if the Wii U does poorly enough.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
JEMC said:
Salnax said:

Coming out with their 9th generation console ASAP. Doing something like what Microsoft did with the 360, when the original Xbox only really was supported for four years or so. I can imagine a desperate Nintendo releasing the first 9th gen console (perhaps with 16 GB of RAM and all the works) as early as holiday 2016 if the Wii U does poorly enough.

I don't know if that would be good for Nintendo.

Let's face it, Nintendo sucks supporting their consoles during its final years, with very few 1st party games during the last year or year and a half of their consoles as they move on preparing the launch of the next one. If they release a new console in 3 years, support for WiiU could end almost by mid 2015, maybe the end of 2015. So we would get 2.5-3 years of support from them, which would mean few games and leave may of us disappointed.

That could have a very negative impact during the launch of the next console as many gamers will not trust them and hold their purchase for longer in a "wait and see" scenario, leading to poor initial sales that would put Nintendo in the same situation they are now, but with less resources (money) and options.

Well if they end support for Wii U in 2015. Good luck convincing most people again to buy their consoles early. People are already not too happy with what happened to Wii towards the end.

Salnax said:

I can agree with this. I definitely feel that if it isn't sorted by this time next year then it's too late. If it isn't too late already ofcourse.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Nintendo News: Nighttime November 10, 2013

Love and tolerate.