By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100

3ds Miiverse system update now live

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/3ds_system_update_adds_nintendo_network_id_miiverse_and_unified_eshop_funds

Around the Network

With the system update I discovered a feature I love: You have to hold both L + R at the 3DS Home menu to open the camera now! I love not getting something against one of the buttons and then camera starts whenever I don't want it to. Haven't managed to connect to Miiverse yet though. But its general implementation was exactly like I expected, a button along with Game notes, Notifications, Internet browser and so on.

The general look of the 3DS menu is really in style with the Wii U now, but still different. Great design work by Nintendo.

Yep.

TheKingofRedLions said:

3ds Miiverse system update now live

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/3ds_system_update_adds_nintendo_network_id_miiverse_and_unified_eshop_funds

Nice find! Going to take a look now.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Updated the console for Miiverse.
The update was very quick (only about 2 minutes or so).
So far it works nicely and I can also look up the North American version of Miiverse on my Japanese 3DS.
So far so good.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Downloaded Miiverse for the 3DS in the morning (took me about 30 seconds, it was so fast). Didn't get to try it yet as I don't have wi-fi on my workplace, gonna give it a go later.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Updated to the EU version of the update. Linked my accounts, seems to be running smoothly so far on Miiverse. Looking good there, but the eShop won't open for some reason. Either that or it's taking an awful long time...

Then again, my update took like 5 minutes because Internetz and all that. So maybe that has something to do with it?

Conegamer said:
Updated to the EU version of the update. Linked my accounts, seems to be running smoothly so far on Miiverse. Looking good there, but the eShop won't open for some reason. Either that or it's taking an awful long time...

Then again, my update took like 5 minutes because Internetz and all that. So maybe that has something to do with it?

What's your connection speed?. The eShop usually takes 20 seconds to open on my 35 MB wi-fi (room speed).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Conegamer said:

What's your connection speed?. The eShop usually takes 20 seconds to open on my 35 MB wi-fi (room speed).

It's around 25MBPS, so it should be fine. It usually opens in about half a minute, but not since this update. 

Conegamer said:
lestatdark said:
Conegamer said:

It's around 25MBPS, so it should be fine. It usually opens in about half a minute, but not since this update. 

Odd, gonna give it a try once I get home to see if I'm also suffering from those long opening times as well.

Current PC Build

I'll soon update my 3DS as well! I've been waiting a long time for this.