By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100

Their is a Zeldathon going on.  Basically they play zelda games for a good cause, how more gets donated how more Zelda games they play and how longer the stream will take....  Now they are +60 hours in and got more than 50.000$.  

http://www.twitch.tv/funforfreedom

It is entertaining to watch especially if you like Zelda and if you can every $ counts even € do!  

Next game to unlock is Oracle of Ages at 56.000$

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
No Wii U is Likely spot on.

It's great that you were able to contribute this to the conversation without even knowing the reasoning for the speculation.

I find it weird that Smash and Amiibo are selling so well, MK8 still legs and the overall WiiU lineup is so much better, yet the WW sales are still flat YoY?

Here's how I see it : WiiU beasted in Japan last holiday, while had a tepid demand in NA and Europe. Now the scenario is switched around.this year. In fact, I'd wager the NA performance in particular has been much stronger than anticipated. I don't think they stocked NA well enough to really to take full advantage of the Smash/Amiibo boost.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Conegamer said:
DJEVOLVE said:
No Wii U is Likely spot on.

I agree (don't really understand where this has come from), but we should get a clearer picture after NPD hopefully.

Why add it to the title then? When it's evidently not true.

Also how the heck are people coming up with 1.2m undertracked ... what.

VGC has not finished this years sales yet and Reggies comment was not, US is tracking for around 480k which is flat YOY (inkeeping with last months results more or less). If it is up to 680k (December is strong for WiiU afterall) that's a 200k undertrack in the US, this does not mean it's undertracked elsewhere.

People are running with this 40% figure and twisting and turning it into every possible postive note they can.

WiiU up for the entire year about 40% will include estimates up to the end of this year/their expectations

Actually, I figured it out. He's obviously talking about sales for the year up to end of November (the last NPD release)

Jan - Nov 2013 - 727k
Jan - Nov 2014 - 992k

727k + 40% = 1018k

"about 40%" could mean 37%. which puts it around 990k.

Around the Network
Seece said:

-Why add it to the title then? When it's evidently not true.

-Also how the heck are people coming up with 1.2m undertracked ... what.

-VGC has not finished this years sales yet and Reggies comment was not, US is tracking for around 480k which is flat YOY (inkeeping with last months results more or less). If it is up to 680k (December is strong for WiiU afterall) that's a 200k undertrack in the US, this does not mean it's undertracked elsewhere.

-People are running with this 40% figure and twisting and turning it into every possible postive note they can.

-WiiU up for the entire year about 40% will include estimates up to the end of this year/their expectations

I'll put this into seperate points.

-I mentioned that I wasn't sure, and it shouldn't be added to the OP.

-They think that Reggie's statement ==WW sales.

-I brought this up.

-No comment

-I also mentioned this.

Overall people jumped on my points and just did what they wanted.

Seece said:
Actually, I figured it out. He's obviously talking about sales for the year up to end of November (the last NPD release)

Jan - Nov 2013 - 727k
Jan - Nov 2014 - 992k

727k + 40% = 1018k

I also mentioned this as a possibility. 

Clyde32 said:
Seece said:

Jan - Nov 2013 - 727k
Jan - Nov 2014 - 992k

727k + 40% = 1018k

I think this is the conclusion, imo. Makes a lot more sense than randomly hoping to be undertracked 1.2m? What??? Just no.

Next week Adjustament: Wii U above 20M, PS4 below 15M.

Seece said:
Clyde32 said:
Seece said:

Jan - Nov 2013 - 727k
Jan - Nov 2014 - 992k

727k + 40% = 1018k

I think this is the conclusion, imo. Makes a lot more sense than randomly hoping to be undertracked 1.2m? What??? Just no.

I'm not even sure why they would assume it. Not to bash anyone in this thread of course, but if Reggie was talking about YTD sales, the most it could be undertracked by was ~200K