By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100
Clyde32 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
so wii u
was at 2931000 at the end of november
wii u sales by calculations are at 3.69 million for end of year
and 2.51 week ending dec 21 of 2013
give or take 100k from overtracking of 2013
that would put wii u around 500k in 3 weeks with christmas week and the week after still left
600k npd for wii u possibility?

What calculations? Reggie gives US numbers. 

And 600K for NPD is pretty much a given if Reggie was talking YTD.

Objection!!!

Reggie not always speaks about US numbers or NoA alone, there are times when he also speaks for Nintendo as a whole, for example:

- When says that Nintendo is not ditching the Gamepad http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-says-nintendo-has-no-plans-to-ditch-the-wii-u-gamepad/

- When he mentions that both at a global basis and in United States of MK8 pushing hardware, the attach rate he gives also seems to be a WW one http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-mario-kart-8-had-a-significant-impact-on-wii-u-sales-console-quadrupled-the-week-after-release/

And when looking at the article where he gave the porcents it all began when asked about how Nintendo was doing, in other words, the company as a whole, and in that area is when they mentioned the porcents, so the most probable is that Reggie is indeed talking about WW numbers, specially when the article and Reggie are talking about Nintendo as a whole, not only the NoA branch.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Around the Network

you better be damn right

I want to see wii u be 1.2 million undertracked

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Seems like 2014 software numbers for Wii U are very low, like by 4 million.

Are there any official numbers for 2013?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Clyde32 said:

From best buy^

Pretty excellent numbers for amiibo, surprised they did as well as they have so far.

Clyde32 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
so wii u
was at 2931000 at the end of november
wii u sales by calculations are at 3.69 million for end of year
and 2.51 week ending dec 21 of 2013
give or take 100k from overtracking of 2013
that would put wii u around 500k in 3 weeks with christmas week and the week after still left
600k npd for wii u possibility?

What calculations? Reggie gives US numbers. 

And 600K for NPD is pretty much a given if Reggie was talking YTD.

So is the Wii U at 8.4M then as of 13th dec? or what

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:
Clyde32 said:

Pretty excellent numbers for amiibo, surprised they did as well as they have so far.

Numbers and chart are fake. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

Well that stinks, though from what I've seen it seems that they're doing pretty well in stores. Just would have been nice to get some confirmation.

RavenXtra said:
Metallox said:

Well that stinks, though from what I've seen it seems that they're doing pretty well in stores. Just would have been nice to get some confirmation.

Yes, they're quite popular even among non-Nintendo players. A ton of my little cousins' friends love them. 

Metallox said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U#Sales

There's a pretty good table there with HW and SW numbers by dates.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
Metallox said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U#Sales

There's a pretty good table there with HW and SW numbers by dates.

Thanks, man! I don't usually go to Wikipedia these days, but this helps :b

I don't understand something though, so according by Reggie's statements, Wii U software shipments should be at 45 million as of today?