By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance : Fall of Man only used 10% of the PS3's Power

This reminds me of the old "emotion engine" crap.

Around the Network

Not again. Read the document. It's simply a review of the engine for RFOM. They note mistakes they make, they note that certain code only used around 10% of SPUs, etc.

The do not claim this means that there is 90% left to go wild with, etc. nor that it is possible to make vast jumps in graphics and so forth.

This document is so misunderstood it seems and gets jumped on the wrong way all the time.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

All these percentages remind of of DBZ.

"HAY GUYZ LOOK AT ME...I JUST BLEW UP HALF OF A PLANET AND I WAS ONLY USING 5 PERCENT OF MY POWER! LOL!"

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

@Claude.

Nonono that wasn't the problem with DBZ the problem with DBZ was.

"HAY GUYZ SEE HOW I COULD BARELY DEFEAT THAT GUY?! WOW THIS NEW GUY IS LIKE A GAZILLION TIMES STRONER. WOW! I'M SUDDENLY LIKE A GAZZILLION TIMES STRONGER TOO SO WE ARE EXACTLY EVENLY MATCHED! WHAT WERE THE CHANCES?"

That program always irked me.

Only 10%? Holy crap! That means the PS3 could render Resistance at, like, 10800p!

THAT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAND!

(Too much DBZ for me to resist)

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

how many times to be keep on saying this,anyways then why didnt they use more,were they to lazy

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

attack at its weak point for massive usage!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

d21lewis said:
The PS3 will use 100% of it's power in 2010. At that exact moment, it will send former California governer Arnold Schwarzenegger back in time to kill Sara Conner. Believe me. You DON'T want your PS3 running at more than 30% of it's full potential.

ROFL

Anyway, I've got agree that doesn't tell you much even if it IS true, but in case you all missed it, he said they were using 10% of the SPU's capabilities, not the whole PS3. Since the context of the statement was to demonstrate what devs can do with the Cell's SPUs if they take the time to work with them, I think he was merely trying to say that there is a lot of potential to use the SPUs as kind of a preprocessor/secondary physics card. If that's what he meant, it is very possible that he was at least close to the percentage of the SPU's capabilities were utilized in RFOM.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

famousringo said:
Only 10%? Holy crap! That means the PS3 could render Resistance at, like, 10800p!

THAT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAND!

(Too much DBZ for me to resist)

All this DBZ analogies made me laugh so hard :D

back on topic... this kind of topics always appear now and then, and i don't know why but they are always PS3

related, why is it that 360 developers never talk about this, and there are some really good looking games

for the 360. 

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

lol ... this thread turned out just like I expected :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!