By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest letdup on the VC?

We have a thread about VC letdowns. But what's your gold find? Any VC gams out there that have gone beyond your expectations? Games that have held up better than you'd have thought?

Because after a brief hiatus, I just got farther in Zelda II: the adventures of Link than I ever did when I played it on the NES. Yes, this game has held up way better than I thought it would.

What's your pleasant VC surprise?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Most likely Bomberman 93, that game just kicks so much butt ;)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

MK64 I love that game.

Pokemon Snap- best part is I could Take pictures and send it to friends, plus it bring back old memories

Breath Of Fire II

Didn't know what to expect but god awesome gameplay in that one :)

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Around the Network

Wow. I never thought I'd join the ranks of people who screw up their thread titles...

I think I need to ban myself again.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Paper Mario. I was skeptical given my up-and-down relationship with Thousand-Year Door, but it turned out to be far more forgiving and player-friendly than its GameCube successor. Yay for no Chomps in the rivers all set to kill you as you return from leveling to save in town!

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

ActRaiser was an impulse buy, and I have never played it before. It's the only game I downloaded in which I really did not know what I was getting myself into. It was totally worth the purchase.

never played the GC version one.

Is the N64 one the better of the genre?

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

PM:TTYD is truly a successor to the original, in the sense that if you haven't played the original, you don't really know what you're getting into and will likely come to hate the game immensely for being so obtuse at times. The game is quite unforgiving, in that you have to keep track of a number of things during battle besides the battle itself (like your audience; they can attack you or help you), and aforementioned hostile environment elements that can kill you even in towns. The original has a simpler battle system which doesn't ask you to keep an eye on your audience, and you're never in danger of getting killed while in the field in it; only in battles can you get KO'd in the original Paper Mario.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.