By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: The Ultimate FAQ – North America

after this FAQ... i am worried that my hori fightstick won't work on PS4... hope devs allow it in the upcoming games for PS4.
the media server and mp3 news are lame, but i still have hope that will be included in the future.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

There are the missing features at launch.

What PS4 software features have been announced, but won’t be available at launch in North America?

Below is an overview of certain features that have been announced that will not be available when PS4 launches in North America.

• Share controller via the internet to assist a friend
  • Suspend/Resume mode
  • Wireless Stereo Headsets support
  • Wireless Stereo Headset
  • Pulse Wired Stereo Headset
  • Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset Elite Edition

the lack of suspend/resume mode is really surprising to me.

the lack of sharing controller via the internet,..  not so surprising.  i'm actually glad to see it on the list as it means they are still planning to release it even if it isn't availible day 1.

and damn, that was a long read.

ethomaz said:

The resolution change is more smart than PS3.

Do I need to “reset” my video settings if I change TVs, as on PS3?

This process will not be necessary for PS4.

this great news! very annoy change tv and no picture

ethomaz said:

HDD - For these are thinking SSD like me the PS4 needs at least 160GB models.

What type of hard drive does PS4 use?

PS4 is equipped with a 5400 RPM SATA II hard drive. Users can choose to install a new hard drive so long as it complies with these standards, is no thicker than 9.5mm, and is larger than 160GB.

Good info, thanks :)

Not doing SSD, but definately going to do 1TB disk. Maybe even 7500rpm?

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

ExistentialNihilist said:
ethomaz said:

The resolution change is more smart than PS3.

Do I need to “reset” my video settings if I change TVs, as on PS3?

This process will not be necessary for PS4.

this great news! very annoy change tv and no picture

OMG that was very annoying when working with video capture devices or using a different screen. So glad they have fixed that.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

How can they not even have MP3 support? It doesn't effect me but that is just plain daft!

sully1311 said:
How can they not even have MP3 support? It doesn't effect me but that is just plain daft!

This is a big step back but seems like MS won't support too.

I'm just hoping for a good web browser but cant seem to find any info about it

ethomaz said:

HDD - For these are thinking SSD like me the PS4 needs at least 160GB models.

What type of hard drive does PS4 use?

PS4 is equipped with a 5400 RPM SATA II hard drive. Users can choose to install a new hard drive so long as it complies with these standards, is no thicker than 9.5mm, and is larger than 160GB.

So the hard drive is no thicker than the PS3 then? I though I read somewhere somebody saying that up to 12.5mm tchick drives would be able to work. That would suck for people that decided to buy thicker drives off of that "news".

Get your Portable ID!

End of 2009 sales predictions:

PS3 - 33 Million     360 - 40 Million    Wii - 75 Million

agardini51 said:

So the hard drive is no thicker than the PS3 then? I though I read somewhere somebody saying that up to 12.5mm tchick drives would be able to work. That would suck for people that decided to buy thicker drives off of that "news".

The Germany PC site... maybe they get the info wrong... the best is wait to see if you can put a 12.5mm HDD on it... I didn't see the space yet.