By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: The Ultimate FAQ – North America

eFKac said:
ethomaz said:

There are the missing features at launch.

What PS4 software features have been announced, but won’t be available at launch in North America?

Below is an overview of certain features that have been announced that will not be available when PS4 launches in North America.

• Share controller via the internet to assist a friend
  • Suspend/Resume mode
  • Wireless Stereo Headsets support
  • Wireless Stereo Headset
  • Pulse Wired Stereo Headset
  • Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset Elite Edition

Shame :-/ all those were pretty important, hope they will add them soon.

What is the first feature, though? First time I hear about it I think.

Back in the feb conference they showed off allowing a friend to take over a part of the game for you when you'd like, I remember. I guess it's not ready for whatever reason.

Around the Network

Will PS4 support media servers or DLNA support in order to stream videos or movies from a home PC?

The PS4 system does not support client functionality for media servers.

Not loving this, I hope they add it eventually.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

eFKac said:

What is the first feature, though? First time I hear about it I think.

A online friend take controller of your game... so it can play this part for you... it is the the Remote Play while you are playing the game on your PS4.

pezus said:

Other regions: TBA

Fuck

Pezus you should check your local stores.

South Africa isnt anywhere on those lists but we are getting it mid december this year.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Will I be able to play background music while I play PS4 games?

Yes, the Music Unlimited streaming service will allow you to listen to music while you play PS4 games. A subscription to Music Unlimited is required. Get full details here.

Does PS4 include a music visualizer feature?

No.

Will I be able to play MP3s on PS4?

No.

Around the Network

Shinobi-san said:

South Africa isnt anywhere on those lists but we are getting it mid december this year.

I think you guys are here.. I know... I know... Africa is not Asia but you are with these countries.

Asia regions: The middle of December 2013

pezus said:
Shinobi-san said:
pezus said:

Other regions: TBA

Fuck

Facebook is enough, and we're definitely not getting it this year. Nobody here even knows (Sony hasn't told them). I suppose mid 2014 wouldn't be surprising. But it's not like I would buy it from Icelandic stores anyway, I would just import.

Thats good then. Atleast you have that option. :D/

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

ethomaz said:

Shinobi-san said:

I think you guys are here.. I know... I know... Africa is not Asia but you are with these countries.

Asia regions: The middle of December 2013

Yeah makes sense. Although we were previously going to get it early december. Im not sure what happened to that initial release date.

5400 rpm again, anyone thinking load times will be shorter this gen is deluding themselves.
Swapping to a SSD or 7200 rpm hybrid drive should be a good investment.

Azerth said:
Will I be able to play background music while I play PS4 games?

Yes, the Music Unlimited streaming service will allow you to listen to music while you play PS4 games. A subscription to Music Unlimited is required. Get full details here.

Does PS4 include a music visualizer feature?

No.

Will I be able to play MP3s on PS4?

No.

Yeah. That is absolute crap. Hopefully it will be patched in.