By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA kills F2P Command & Conquer and the Studio

NiKKoM said:
Xen said:

Don't forget that before that, they cancelled yet another C&C

And it actually looked good... Tiberium Wars was it? It was a FPS though.

Tiberium!

I love how EA tried to expand the C&C franchise and acctually ended up killing it...
Someone will probably start a Kickstarter soon...

That's a good memory you have. I remember being very disappointed, as a fan of the Tiberian Sun games. C&C Renegade was an OK game, but Tiberium looked awesome and boom, cancelled.

Around the Network

For the love of god EA, just let C & C die. You have damaged the brand beyond repair and simply don't have what it takes to make something good of it. Accept defeat and move on.

Xen said:

That's a good memory you have. I remember being very disappointed, as a fan of the Tiberian Sun games. C&C Renegade was an OK game, but Tiberium looked awesome and boom, cancelled.

Neh.. C&C has its OWN CANCELED GAMES WIKIPEDIA page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_canceled_Command_%26_Conquer_games

:)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Xen said:

Neh.. C&C has its OWN CANCELED GAMES WIKIPEDIA page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_canceled_Command_%26_Conquer_games

:)

Way to ruin yourself and EA in my eyes

...some of those I didn't even know of.

Xen said:

I loved Renegade.  Single player was arse but online multi-player was possibly the best I've ever played.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Xen said:

I loved Renegade.  Single player was arse but online multi-player was possibly the best I've ever played.

I think I was like 13-14 when I played it, didn't care for multiplayer in anything at that age.

BUT HURR HURR YOU CAN PLAY AS THE INFANTRY FROM TIBERIAN SUN. AND YOU HAVE THE OBELISK OF LIGHT THERE!

Yeah, that was enough.

Xen said:

I think I was like 13-14 when I played it, didn't care for multiplayer in anything at that age.

BUT HURR HURR YOU CAN PLAY AS THE INFANTRY FROM TIBERIAN SUN. AND YOU HAVE THE OBELISK OF LIGHT THERE!

Yeah, that was enough.

Obelisks of light used to terrify me as a kid.  And CABAL:

And that weird massive cyborg thing from Firestorm because it was invincible:

Now that I think about it, this series scared the bejesus out of me when I was younger.  And I loved it for that :P

Kresnik said:
Xen said:

Yeah, that was enough.

Obelisks of light used to terrify me as a kid.  And CABAL:

And that weird massive cyborg thing from Firestorm because it was invincible:

Now that I think about it, this series scared the bejesus out of me when I was younger.  And I loved it for that :P

HEY

Leave it as just memories 

Lulz said:
The last great C&C game was Red Alert 2, and that was the last one made before EA bought up Westwood studios.

Generals was pretty good, but not great, and Red Alert 3 was also decent, but it's pretty clear that EA hasn't had much of a clue what to do with this franchise since they bought it.

QTF! Playing Red Alert 3 was a sad experience for me.

OT: Didn't even known it existed. EA is just being EA, why did they close Weswood studios, if they wanted to keep their franchises going?

Actually as a C&C fan, I think we dodged a bullet. It looked like shit tbh and it prob used the cloud that worked so well for sim city.

Its EA I had to back stab it alittle more. I hate EA, I wish they never bought Westwood Studios.