By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Battlefield 4 KINECT!!!

This was probably the most interesting part of the DF comparison for me:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-pc-face-off-preview

In terms of the more experimental features available to consoles, it appears Kinect support is etched in on the Xbox One side. While the hardware wasn't available to us at the time to give it a try, the menu tab at least shows that there are options for voice commands, plus body-tracking that translates a player's left or right lean into the game. We have to admit that we're quite intrigued to see how head-tracking works in addition to this, not to mention the implications for multiplayer gaming.

I guess that is the benefit of including Kinect with the Xbox One. Developers are more likely to use it, even in hard core games like BF4. I'm interested to see how it works? It will definitely be something new. I hope it work well.

What do you guys think?

Around the Network

Could be a good feature, but what exactly is this for? Surely when playing online and you have your mic, people will know you need ammo.

Or maybe Kinect recognizes this when you in party / private chat. If true, thats bad ass.

hahah i just noticed the voice commands on the right...

Should be fun yelling "NEED MEDIC"

People will think I'm crazy but sounds fun haha

Being able to lean around corners with your head and calling out those quick commands is certainly a nice feature to have.

Man.. finally.. leaning in real life translate to a screen leaning... how many times haven't we tried to lean a bit in a 3D video game just to get a better view.. we have all done it..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
foodfather said:
Could be a good feature, but what exactly is this for? Surely when playing online and you have your mic, people will know you need ammo.

Or maybe Kinect recognizes this when you in party / private chat. If true, thats bad ass.

Well besides that there is headtracking and leaning, that seems cool. Especially the leaning, if it works well I can see it making the game more immersive.

For the voice commands, I'm not sure tbh. Maybe it puts an icon on your head or something to tell others what you need? Who know...

NiKKoM said:
Man.. finally.. leaning in real life translate to a screen leaning... how many times haven't we tried to lean a bit in a 3D video game just to get a better view.. we have all done it..

Hahaha EXACTLY! I think that will be pretty cool to use.

NiKKoM said:

I leaned backwards on the bed for Mario to jump further on the SNES... IT WORKED!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I'm interested to see how theh deal with this. Doing 1 to 1 tracking for leaning would be pretty shaky while smoothing it out would cause delay. Both of these are a huge no no in a competitive fps.

Voice commands makes sense though.

The body tracking will be awesome but the voice commands are always pain for people like me who has strong accent.