By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In some cases, It's not Nintendo's fault (3rd Party support)

Torillian said:
BluGamer23 said:
Hey Juma009! that is how the world works unforunately .. and yes it is never third party to blame it is always Nintendo's fault..

For example: Xbone second hand game policy and their 180 reversal of that policy?.. you see that is Nintendo's fault.

Sony's vita sales.. that is also Nintendo's fault.

A guy gets killed in COD because of lag.. for some reason it is also Nintendos fault!

We just have to accept this .. dont worry there are many users on here who will remind you it is Nintendo's fault.

It's just what you see though.  To me I see a bunch of Nintendo fans never willing to believe that Nintendo fucked something up and would rather believe in a vast conspiracy of 3rd parties all conniving to get rid of them.  

you need to spend more time here. Everything is Nintendo fault

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
Torillian said:

It's just what you see though.  To me I see a bunch of Nintendo fans never willing to believe that Nintendo fucked something up and would rather believe in a vast conspiracy of 3rd parties all conniving to get rid of them.  

While the overall thought of Third Parties putting up some type of battle against Nintendo is seemingly ridiculous, calling out Nintendo on every corner of this issue is just as ridiculous. Also, we those Nintendo Fans aren't the only ones to make up some ludicrous conspiracies or assumptions, which hopefully you understand fully. 

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Third parties hate Nintendo cause they can't compete with Nintendo quality. If Nintendo releases a first party game such as Mario or Zelda, no one else that bought a Nintendo system is gonna buy anything other than those first party games and Nintendo usually releases so many that its hard to compete. There are exceptions obviously

Except no?

Rational business, tinfoil hat

There, saved us about 100 replies

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Rational business, tinfoil hat

There, saved us about 100 replies

Oh boy. I remember people defending EA as a rational buisness even after the whole Sim CIty DRM fiasco.

Around the Network

Not all 3rd parties are created equally.

EA is not out for Ninty, they are the grumpy old men of the industry. They have been doing messed up crap ACROSS the board, lets not act like Ninty is the only victim. Sim City comes to mind. The whole thing with MS. BUT they dont care about doing anything with Ninty really that much is evident. they are the worst offenders

Activision is just kind of there, they dont have that much franchises I believe and there big ones are on Ninty systems.

Ubisoft is like the eager kid, they have been supporting Ninty but lets be real, it hasnt been going great on the WIi U front. IMHO if we see less support from their no one could say they didnt try.

NintendoPie said:
Torillian said:

While the overall thought of Third Parties putting up some type of battle against Nintendo is seemingly ridiculous, calling out Nintendo on every corner of this issue is just as ridiculous. Also, we those Nintendo Fans aren't the only ones to make up some ludicrous conspiracies or assumptions, which hopefully you understand fully. 

Of course there are people on every side, that's the point of the reply.  That's why I like the OP's title, because it recognizes that Nintendo is sometimes at fault, even if he was focusing on the times where he thought Nintendo wasn't directly at fault.  On the other hand you get others who seem to think Nintendo gets blamed for everything (right in this thread even) and don't seem willing to ever admit that Nintendo has done things incorrectly and it's not always some vast anti-Nintendo conspiracy among third parties, media, and fans of the competition.  I would be curious to see evidence towards Nintendo being blamed for "everything".

I think a part of the problem here is the fact that we always need to put blame somewhere. When you start pointing fingers, things can start getting messy. This applies to pretty much anything.

pokoko said:
I'm not really sure why this is so often presented as something that only happens to Nintendo when it has happened elsewhere, as well.

Regardless, let's take Deus Ex. Let's assume that everyone who owns a Wii U who also owns a PS3/360 decides to buy the game on the latter because of the price tag. What has Square Enix lost? A few of those who don't have a PS3/360 will buy it at $50, while a few more will wait until the price is reduced. Again, what has the publisher lost?

If you don't like the price, then wait. It's what everyone else does when a game is released.

That is really simple, they lose money and consumer confidence. I know you hate Nintendo but come on.

I dont have a PS3 or 360 but I am not paying more for the same product and will be less likely to buy from them, whether its on PC or Wii U.

3rd Parties...

And this question only applies to the offenders of this industry...

Yes, and I mean this in a way that they do some practices that screw ALL gamers, REGARDLESS of platform ownership. But when I actually dissect it, I see Nintendo (and to an extent, the ones who are unfortuned enough to only afford one, a Nintendo console) is getting the severe end of the stchick. And it's getting clearer as time goes by.

Blimey, the most obvious one is the whole "begging Namco for a port of the GCN version of Soulcalibur 2", yet that very same version sold the most back in the day! ~_^

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!