By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In some cases, It's not Nintendo's fault (3rd Party support)

The largest issue is exactly what you stated. I'm a PS3 owner who bought the Wii U day 1 because of games like Zombiu, Ghost Recon (shelved) and the fact that I can play off-screen. And what annoys me is when 3rd parties complain that their multi-plat games aren't selling well. Well of course not, half your games are already on other consoles for lower prices and have more features.

I already had AC3 and Black Ops 2, because AC3 came out earlier, and Black Ops had a larger online service on PS3. Sniper V2 and Deus Ex: DC priced at $50? for the same price I could get V2 on PC with dlc and the nazi zombie missions. For $30, I could get directers cut on PS3 with the same content, just no touch interface. 

I <3 Classic Platformers!

Multi-console Owner FTW

Around the Network
pokoko said:
I'm not really sure why this is so often presented as something that only happens to Nintendo when it has happened elsewhere, as well.

Regardless, let's take Deus Ex. Let's assume that everyone who owns a Wii U who also owns a PS3/360 decides to buy the game on the latter because of the price tag. What has Square Enix lost? A few of those who don't have a PS3/360 will buy it at $50, while a few more will wait until the price is reduced. Again, what has the publisher lost?

If you don't like the price, then wait. It's what everyone else does when a game is released.

Except when a major game on a Nintendo console doesn't have spectacular first week sales, it's declared a flop, people call out Nintendo fans for not buying enough of it, and the console is declared doomed. Doesn't matter what the game is, whether it also flopped on onther consoles and whether Nintendo fans had/have very legitimate reasons for not buying it immediately, or ever.

Take a game like Rayman Origins, where the Nintendo console leads the rest in sales, people still call out the Wii U version for not jumping way ahead of the others. The game released at the same time on every console and flopped on all of them, yet the Wii U gets special mention.

I'm not even going to go into Mass Effect 3, Madden '13 and Fifa. I've done that to death.

Torillian said:
BluGamer23 said:
Hey Juma009! that is how the world works unforunately .. and yes it is never third party to blame it is always Nintendo's fault..

For example: Xbone second hand game policy and their 180 reversal of that policy?.. you see that is Nintendo's fault.

Sony's vita sales.. that is also Nintendo's fault.

A guy gets killed in COD because of lag.. for some reason it is also Nintendos fault!

We just have to accept this .. dont worry there are many users on here who will remind you it is Nintendo's fault.

It's just what you see though.  To me I see a bunch of Nintendo fans never willing to believe that Nintendo fucked something up and would rather believe in a vast conspiracy of 3rd parties all conniving to get rid of them.  

.. as I was saying people will remind us of this.. that "Nintendo fucked something up" .. so it is all their fault.. no matter what it is.

It´s just about business. The install base is small, they don´t believe they can make money selling their big-budget titles on WiiU, then they just produce "crap versions" of them for it. It´s the same problem with Vita. Didn´t you ever wonder why Capcom don´t even consider launching Monster Hunter 4 for Vita, or why Rayman Legends is considerably shorter ? The same goes for WiiU, 3rd-parties don´t want to spend a little extra money working on WiiU versions

And this is a shame, because there are a few games that actually sold better on WiiU than on other platforms, like Rayman Legends, Sonic All-Stars racing Transformed, probably Just Dance 4 too (after holidays). So there´s an audience on its console, but 3rd-parties are just ignoring this audience.

Now it´s easy to blame Nintendo for everything, but gamers never, unfortunately, NEVER understand that most decisions are taken from a business perspective and always justify their opinions based on bias.

oniyide said:
Not all 3rd parties are created equally.

EA is not out for Ninty, they are the grumpy old men of the industry. They have been doing messed up crap ACROSS the board, lets not act like Ninty is the only victim. Sim City comes to mind. The whole thing with MS. BUT they dont care about doing anything with Ninty really that much is evident. they are the worst offenders

Activision is just kind of there, they dont have that much franchises I believe and there big ones are on Ninty systems.

Ubisoft is like the eager kid, they have been supporting Ninty but lets be real, it hasnt been going great on the WIi U front. IMHO if we see less support from their no one could say they didnt try.

i think you summed up the big three pretty well. 

Around the Network

so the same happens to playstation systems as well.
ps got bioshock late, monster hunter frontier, minecraft, COD and skyrim DLC's, mass effect 1 and 2, chinatown wars, red alert 3, alone in the dark, sine mora, section 8, plants vs zombies.

looking up a few more online (dont quote me on these), it also got Ninja Gaiden 2, Limbo, Braid, oblivion, Lost Planet, Overlord, Castle Crashers, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean IV, Eternal Sonata, Deadly Premonition, Enchanted Arms.

not all of them are as late as deus ex on wii u but people still wait for them and do buy them even if there isnt good advertising surrounding the late launches. On nintendo, if you launch a game and dont have decent advertising then good luck.

Theres nothing to guarantee that sacrificing development time on ps360 for wii U to launch them at the same time will make more money for them, and as a nintendo fan once told me 'its not the 3rd party developers responsibility to sell consoles' so its not their fault.

fps_d0minat0r said:
ps got bioshock late, monster hunter frontier, minecraft, COD and skyrim DLC's, mass effect 1 and 2, chinatown wars, red alert 3, alone in the dark, sine mora, section 8, plants vs zombies.

looking up a few more online (dont quote me on these), it also got Ninja Gaiden 2, Limbo, Braid, oblivion, Lost Planet, Overlord, Castle Crashers, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean IV, Eternal Sonata, Deadly Premonition, Enchanted Arms.

not all of them are as late as deus ex on wii u but people still wait for them and do buy them even if there isnt good advertising surrounding the late launches. On nintendo, if you launch a game and dont have decent advertising then good luck.

Theres nothing to guarantee that sacrificing development time on ps360 for wii U to launch them at the same time will make more money for them, and as a nintendo fan once told me 'its not the 3rd party developers responsibility to sell consoles' so its not their fault.

It's not their responsibility to sell consoles, but it is their responsibility to sell their own games. So yes, it's their fault. They're making games, not bothering to attempt to sell them, and then bitching when they don't sell that well.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

ListerOfSmeg said:
pokoko said:
I'm not really sure why this is so often presented as something that only happens to Nintendo when it has happened elsewhere, as well.

Regardless, let's take Deus Ex. Let's assume that everyone who owns a Wii U who also owns a PS3/360 decides to buy the game on the latter because of the price tag. What has Square Enix lost? A few of those who don't have a PS3/360 will buy it at $50, while a few more will wait until the price is reduced. Again, what has the publisher lost?

If you don't like the price, then wait. It's what everyone else does when a game is released.

That is really simple, they lose money and consumer confidence. I know you hate Nintendo but come on.

I dont have a PS3 or 360 but I am not paying more for the same product and will be less likely to buy from them, whether its on PC or Wii U.

... they're not losing money, that's the point.  As far as consumer confidence, most gamers don't even keep up with who publishes what.  The only people outraged are the forum-goers who get outraged about everything.  The average person isn't writing Square and other publishers into an anti-Nintendo Death Note.

As far as me hating Nintendo, stop it.  The only thing I dislike is that persecution complex some Nintendo fans seem to revel in, even when the same thing has happened on other platforms numerous times.

Mr Khan said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

It's not their responsibility to sell consoles, but it is their responsibility to sell their own games. So yes, it's their fault. They're making games, not bothering to attempt to sell them, and then bitching when they don't sell that well.

"but it is their responsibility to sell their own games"

thats what I said about capcom/MH, but nintendo fans dont agree with that statement.

you cant have it both ways, its got to be one or another.

TripleMMM said:

3rd Parties...

And this question only applies to the offenders of this industry...

Yes, and I mean this in a way that they do some practices that screw ALL gamers, REGARDLESS of platform ownership. But when I actually dissect it, I see Nintendo (and to an extent, the ones who are unfortuned enough to only afford one, a Nintendo console) is getting the severe end of the stchick. And it's getting clearer as time goes by.

Blimey, the most obvious one is the whole "begging Namco for a port of the GCN version of Soulcalibur 2", yet that very same version sold the most back in the day! ~_^

no it didnt, and the never begged for a port it was always multiplat