By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In some cases, It's not Nintendo's fault (3rd Party support)

I usually do not start Threads, as a matter of fact I barely commenton them, so if this has already been discussed please forgive me but after reading reviews of Deus Ex, I started getting a little annoyed and irritated so hopefully some of my fellow Nintendo Supporters and gamers can give their honest opinion on something that seems to me so clear yet not many mention it.

My issue is with the attitude a lot of third party studios have towards Nintendo and their so called "support" towards the Wii U. Square Enix's Deus Ex gets a $50 price tag on it, the game is almost 3 years old, no new nor exclusive material has been added other than the DLC that  was released a few times after the game, so basically SE is trying to make a quick buck by re-releasing an old game, with no extra effort towards it, yet to add insult to injury the same Directors cut version gets released on the competitors for $20 less?????  yet when this sells 70k - 80k copies people will say theres no fan base, the Wii U is dead so on and so forth.

But did anyone over at SE think for a moment that at least 75% of the Current Wii U owners are gamers that purchase video games very often and are probably multi consoles owners? why you ask? who other than hardcore gamers would buy the Wii U at such early stage in its cycle with no big Games out for it other than the hardcore Nintendo gamers? Didnt these geniuses consider that most of us Wii U owners ALREADY PLAYED THIS GAME???

Same thing with EA? Mass Effect 3??? Really you think that people that went to get the Wii U at midnight release didnt already play such famous franchise? and what a great idea to introduce the saga to Nintendo gamers than releasing the LAST episode, cant even get a collection combo? really?

Ubisoft, after all the money this company made with the Wii's Just Dance series? couldnt release Rayman Origins when it was ready ? when the Wii U  was hurting for games more than ever? instead they waited so the ports to the competitors was ready? yet they expect high sales? 

I mean if these companies just wanted a quick buck, couldnt SE just release an old Final Fantasy Collection, like from 1 to 6 ? remembering the classics they had with Nintendo or Dragon Quest Collection? but no, god forbid Nintendo gets something cool, how hard could it have been for EA to do the Mass Effect 1-3 for Wii U? Couldnt THQ release both Darksiders considering part 2 had been out for several months? I might had consider buying it then.

Anyways, It;s just my opinion, please see I am not trying to start a Sony vs Nintendo VS Microsoft discussion.

Around the Network

I really think 3rd parties have themselves to blame for poor sales. Its becoming so common, I wonder if it is not planned to do so. I know EA thought they had a lock down on X1 so they didn't mind screwing over Wii U owners, then after the MS 180, they came out and went back on most of what they claimed because they no longer had what they wanted with X1.

ListerOfSmeg said:
I really think 3rd parties have themselves to blame for poor sales. Its becoming so common, I wonder if it is not planned to do so. I know EA thought they had a lock down on X1 so they didn't mind screwing over Wii U owners, then after the MS 180, they came out and went back on most of what they claimed because they no longer had what they wanted with X1.

You talking about the anti pre owned game policy?

rule number 1: it's always Nintendos foult and rule number 2: they are always do0m3D!!

but seriously I agree with what you say and have said some of it before but there will always be ignorant people who say otherwise

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Third parties hate Nintendo cause they can't compete with Nintendo quality. If Nintendo releases a first party game such as Mario or Zelda, no one else that bought a Nintendo system is gonna buy anything other than those first party games and Nintendo usually releases so many that its hard to compete. There are exceptions obviously

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Nintendo didn't make third parties release late, gimped, and overpriced games on Wii U, third parties did that to themselves.

I'm not really sure why this is so often presented as something that only happens to Nintendo when it has happened elsewhere, as well.

Regardless, let's take Deus Ex. Let's assume that everyone who owns a Wii U who also owns a PS3/360 decides to buy the game on the latter because of the price tag. What has Square Enix lost? A few of those who don't have a PS3/360 will buy it at $50, while a few more will wait until the price is reduced. Again, what has the publisher lost?

If you don't like the price, then wait. It's what everyone else does when a game is released.

Hey Juma009! that is how the world works unforunately .. and yes it is never third party to blame it is always Nintendo's fault..

For example: Xbone second hand game policy and their 180 reversal of that policy?.. you see that is Nintendo's fault.

Sony's vita sales.. that is also Nintendo's fault.

A guy gets killed in COD because of lag.. for some reason it is also Nintendos fault!

We just have to accept this .. dont worry there are many users on here who will remind you it is Nintendo's fault.

BluGamer23 said:
Hey Juma009! that is how the world works unforunately .. and yes it is never third party to blame it is always Nintendo's fault..

For example: Xbone second hand game policy and their 180 reversal of that policy?.. you see that is Nintendo's fault.

A guy gets killed in COD because of lag.. for some reason it is also Nintendos fault!

We just have to accept this .. dont worry there are many users on here who will remind you it is Nintendo's fault.

It's just what you see though.  To me I see a bunch of Nintendo fans never willing to believe that Nintendo fucked something up and would rather believe in a vast conspiracy of 3rd parties all conniving to get rid of them.  

Torillian said:
BluGamer23 said:

It's just what you see though.  To me I see a bunch of Nintendo fans never willing to believe that Nintendo fucked something up and would rather believe in a vast conspiracy of 3rd parties all conniving to get rid of them.  

rule number one. torillian?

34 years playing games.