By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Knack PS4 install: 37gb's! Boooooooo!

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:
DD_Bwest said:
does anyone know the exact specs on the the ps4 hardrive? im feeling both curious and lazy.

SATAII 2.5" 5400RPM... same for Xbone.

Negative

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network

FATALITY said:

Negative

Nope?

ethomaz said:

FATALITY said:

Negative

Nope?

u cant upgrade the hdd on xbone however it will support external sometime in 2014

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

FATALITY said:

u cant upgrade the hdd on xbone however it will support external sometime in 2014

I understood I was more talking about the HDD inside it.

The PS4 you can go to 7200RPM or SHDD... Xbone not.

the-pi-guy said:
FATALITY said:
ethomaz said:

FATALITY said:

Negative

Nope?

He never said you could.  But the Xbox One does have the same hard drive, at least I know it is also SATA II.  It still has a hard drive.  

my bad 

i thought he was talking about change it

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

FATALITY said:

I understood I was more talking about the HDD inside it.

The PS4 you can go to 7200RPM or SHDD... Xbone not.

ham ok 

interpretei mal :P

AgentZorn said:
Xen said:
Yeah, waiting for that 2TB model circa late 2014... games are only gonna grow bigger.

I'm curious which game will go over 100gb.

Kojima Productions. All those never ending cutscenes. 

OT: Wait for PS4 Slim i guess. 2TB minimum. 

.......Well better go buy a 5 TB HDD. I wonder what the indie games size will be like.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Though I'm curious to see how this cloud base network work next gen, but I'm kind of scare of the results.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Temp caching and installs are two different things. The PS4, from what I now understand, only temp caches which means when you play a game, it caches those 30GB. When you play a new game, that cache is deleted.

Basically, it just means that you have about a 450GB HDD instead of a 500GB HDD. Not that big of a deal.