By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Knack PS4 install: 37gb's! Boooooooo!

Tagged games:

the-pi-guy said:

Sounds like what I expected.  That's a shame.  I am looking forward to your thread tomorrow.  

I will try to explain better tomorrow... the game is fun but it will end a 8/10 game in today standards scores but I see myself having a lot of fun without compromisses with it.

The feeling is like "this game could be a huge but...".

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
curl-6 said:
What is it with these ridiculous huge updates required for PS4/Xbone games?
I was hoping this horrible, horrible trend would die with the 7th gen.

This gen 1GB is the new next gen 5GB... make the maths.

To clarify, is this a mandatory install, or how much it is to download the whole game digitally?

curl-6 said:

To clarify, is this a mandatory install, or how much it is to download the whole game digitally?

This is the retail version free space needed to play the game... if it is mandatory install or temporary cache I don't knwo yet.

The DD I think will have close size because others next-gen game have similar size too.

ethomaz said:

curl-6 said:

This is the retail version free space needed to play the game... if it is mandatory install or temporary cache I don't knwo yet.

The DD I think will have close size because others next-gen game have similar size too.

I can't stand mandatory installs, I wanna just put my disc in and play.

the-pi-guy said:
ethomaz said:

Mmmfishtacos said:

What did you think of the controllers? Did they have a ps4 with the full UI?

Both consoles are amazing when you get them... the Xbone one is a little bigger than 360 (I have issues with it because it was small for my hands) so now it feels better on the hands than 360's controller but threre are a issue and it can be big (at least for me)... beside this issue it is definitely better on hands than 360's controller.

The PS4's is something you need to have in the hands.. you will hate DS3 after that... the sticks are the best one I ever used.

I will make a thread tomorrow with all the impressions... I played a lot of games and I have some interesting news (not news... more curiosities).

My legs and feets are hurting a lot... it was an exhausting day.

I can tease that because I'm a Sony fanboy funny things happened with me at MS booth... it is destiny... but I behaved as gentleman

He got the Dualshock 4, and he's been bragging about it ever since.  

Did you get to try Knack?  

lol. You jelly? ;)

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Guys this is good news for Sony the game sizes are DECREASING... Uncharted 3 was 45GB and Killzone 3 close to 50GB.

Now Killzone: Shadown Fall is 39GB and Knack 37GB.

UC3 & KZ3 were both 3D which takes up a lot of space, Sony seem to have given up with 3D now so it's no suprise KZ:SF is smaller than KZ3. I don't know why the European version of GoW3 was 40GB though, wasn't even 3D, seems a bit excessive.

I guess another benefit of the PS4 is that instead of using pre-rendered cutscnes which take up a lot of memory they can render them in real-time instead to save space. I think 30-45GB will be the average size for AAA PS4 exclusives, a little bigger than PS3's average.

curl-6 said:

I can't stand mandatory installs, I wanna just put my disc in and play.

It is confirmed to play like that because that Sony is calling cache and not mandatory installs... you put the disc and play... the PS4 automaticaly transfer the data from disc to HDD while you play (you don't see that).

JustThatGamer said:

UC3 & KZ3 were both 3D which takes up a lot of space, Sony seem to have given up with 3D now so it's no suprise KZ:SF is smaller than KZ3. I don't know why the European version of GoW3 was 40GB though, wasn't even 3D, seems a bit excessive.

I guess another benefit of the PS4 is that instead of using pre-rendered cutscnes which take up a lot of memory they can render them in real-time instead to save space. I think 30-45GB will be the average size for AAA PS4 exclusives, a little bigger than PS3's average.

My post was sarcarm

Mmmfishtacos said:

The triggers are amazing. And that D pad.. Watch out vita!

Indeed... the triggers are amazing.

Another reason to skip Knack.