By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who does and doesn't care which console sells the most?

I don't care per say

I dont really care which one sells the most though i do like following the numbers too.  Honestly i care more about the software being sold than hardware.  In fact the reason i joined this site is because i wanted to see Killzone 2 succeed, so i came to this site weekly for Killzone 2 numbers.

Any ways beyond software sales ive noticed i dont care about who sells the most hardware wise though i do want to see them all succeed as well.  For example XBO vs PS4 vs WiiU i dont really care which one sells the most, but in the coming years i may have an opinion on who i thought deserved the most.

Controversial comment so ignore this part if you dont want to read it.

Though i must admit i was a little annoyed with Wii selling the most this gen when I honestly felt that the PS3 deserved to have sold the most because all their efforts in first party exclusives and X360 2nd for changing the online world.  Casual gamers are gamers too but the Wii just kind of shunned a lot of long time nintendo fans including myself.  Even though there was still plenty for hardcore gamers there was also plenty missing for hardcore gamers as well.

Around the Network

I don't care however I do care that all the three consoles sell enough to make a profit and make it into the next generation.

Same as above. As long as no one has an extremely poor showing...

In certain cases, you kinda have to care. For example, Wii U and Vita owners care because if their consoles don't sell well, they don't get support. A console doesn't have to sell the best but it has to sell enough to be viable.

I care about the financial numbers.

It is a very risky market despite the growth context.

Around the Network

As a longtime Sony fan, I enjoy seeing them succeed. It's been nice in 2013 being the top console, although last in handhelds.

As a gamer, I really don't care who wins all too much. I do however, love to see all the sales numbers for hardware/software. It's like a fetish. I have a problem.

Somebody help me.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

JayWood2010 said:

I don't care per say

I dont really care which one sells the most though i do like following the numbers too.  Honestly i care more about the software being sold than hardware.  In fact the reason i joined this site is because i wanted to see Killzone 2 succeed, so i came to this site weekly for Killzone 2 numbers.

Any ways beyond software sales ive noticed i dont care about who sells the most hardware wise though i do want to see them all succeed as well.  For example XBO vs PS4 vs WiiU i dont really care which one sells the most, but in the coming years i may have an opinion on who i thought deserved the most.

Controversial comment so ignore this part if you dont want to read it.

Though i must admit i was a little annoyed with Wii selling the most this gen when I honestly felt that the PS3 deserved to have sold the most because all their efforts in first party exclusives and X360 2nd for changing the online world.  Casual gamers are gamers too but the Wii just kind of shunned a lot of long time nintendo fans including myself.  Even though there was still plenty for hardcore gamers there was also plenty missing for hardcore gamers as well.

Respectfully disagree about the Wii part. I was born a Nintendo fan and the Wii gave me hundreds of hours of joy. Whether it was deep, challenging single-player experiences like Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and Twilight Princess, or it was addictive local multiplayer experiences like Wii Sports, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros., Wii had something to scratch every itch. Plus it opened up the market to so many new video game fans, young and old, male and female. It was a true revolution, and it deserved to "win" the generation.

As to your question, I don't mind which console sells the most, but I'm heavily invested in which consoles are profitable enough to stay in the industry. And that's all of them. I like having homes for Halo, Killzone, and Zelda. I don't want to see any of those series disappear or fall under the control of publishers who have no idea what to do with them.

I wish for the console that I consider the best to sell the best and therefore providing great incentives for other console and game manufactures to follow suit and provide more of that which I consider to be the best.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

I just want Nintendo and Sony to do well so they keep on trucking.

Nintendo because their only source of income is directly tied to their sales of hardware and software, Sony because their other branches aren´t doing so hot and they are a great company that makes (usually) great devices.

Microsoft´s XBox devision can lose billions and billions and sell a grand total of 3 consoles for all I care , they are filthy rich and are in no danger at all.

The sales of my preferred console mean absolutely everything to me.

...Unless it's selling poorly, in which case I'll talk about the games library instead.