By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 10 Week Countdown 2013

Michael-5 said:
Seece said:
Michael it doesn't matter what yours (or anyones opinion is) you're at the whim of MC and VGC, so don't take any flack either way!

If VGC tracks them, use them, if it doesn't, don't. Simple.

That's 100% true, no point arguing about it. As of this point, I dunno if VGC/MC will track Vita TV. What I can say is they didn't track Gameboy Player when it was around, but that's not a standalone console.

Zero999 said:

vita tv isn't a stand alone system either, you need a tv and a dual shock 1.3

So.....any home console shouldn't be counted either?

Gameboy Player and Super Gameboy required a Gamecube/SNES to play. They would be no different then a $100 box to attach to your One console to play 360 games, where as a standalone 360 only needs the TV.

Vita is the same, it's different from the Gameboy Player because it doesn't need a host console.

what the hell are you talking about? VITA IS A PORTABLE, YOU CAN'T CALL VITA TV A VERSION OF IT AND BEING A NON PORTABLE IS JUST ONE OF THE REASONS.

you gave two examples of similar products, the super gameboy and gameboy player. they are just like vita tv, only better because they can play 99% of the libraries but shouldn't add to gb/gba sales.

In the end the fact remains that vita tv is not a vida model, it's a different device that plays SOME vita games.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Michael-5 said:
Seece said:
Michael it doesn't matter what yours (or anyones opinion is) you're at the whim of MC and VGC, so don't take any flack either way!

If VGC tracks them, use them, if it doesn't, don't. Simple.

That's 100% true, no point arguing about it. As of this point, I dunno if VGC/MC will track Vita TV. What I can say is they didn't track Gameboy Player when it was around, but that's not a standalone console.

Zero999 said:

vita tv isn't a stand alone system either, you need a tv and a dual shock 1.3

So.....any home console shouldn't be counted either?

Gameboy Player and Super Gameboy required a Gamecube/SNES to play. They would be no different then a $100 box to attach to your One console to play 360 games, where as a standalone 360 only needs the TV.

Vita is the same, it's different from the Gameboy Player because it doesn't need a host console.

what the hell are you talking about? VITA IS A PORTABLE, YOU CAN'T CALL VITA TV A VERSION OF IT AND BEING A NON PORTABLE IS JUST ONE OF THE REASONS.

you gave two examples of similar products, the super gameboy and gameboy player. they are just like vita tv, only better because they can play 99% of the libraries but shouldn't add to gb/gba sales.

In the end the fact remains that vita tv is not a vida model, it's a different device that plays SOME vita games.

So....if you can't call a home version of Vita, a version of Vita, then you can't call this an N64 then?

Anyway, lets not derail this thread any further and see what VGC & MC count. Like Seece said, I'm at the mercy of these websites since we will be using their data for this thread.

----

Update - I've figured out non-gravity's excel file, everything is ready to go! When more people vote I will update the OP with everyones WiiU, PS4, and One predictions as well.

Now in the past non-gravity has included various categories, stuff like "Sony", "Nintendo", "Consoles, etc. What would you like for this year?

I'm thinking

Nintendo
Sony
Hand held
Console - 7th Gen
Console - 8th Gen
Overall

Sound good people?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I know you probably have 7 spots to fill so I would do Microsoft as well.

Also I think I'd personally rather lump WiiU with PS3 and 360 in a console category. And then do PS4 and One in the other console category. Not to rip on Nintendo, but PS4 and One are much harder to predict :p.

Or perhaps a category that includes all but PS4 and One. And then one category with PS4 and One:

Nintendo

Sony

Microsoft

Handheld

All old platforms

PS4 + One

Overall

non-gravity said:

I know you probably have 7 spots to fill so I would do Microsoft as well.

Also I think I'd personally rather lump WiiU with PS3 and 360 in a console category. And then do PS4 and One in the other console category. Not to rip on Nintendo, but PS4 and One are much harder to predict :p.

Or perhaps a category that includes all but PS4 and One. And then one category with PS4 and One:

Nintendo

Sony

Microsoft

Handheld

All old platforms home consoles........this would be a weird title.

PS4 + One

Overall

I don't have any number of spots to fill, I thought about Microsoft, but.....I dunno. It's kinda odd since it has no handheld like Nintendo and Sony.

PS4 & One will be harder to predict then WiiU, but WiiU is still the 3rd hardest here. We don't have a solid 10 weeks to base predictions off, and with how poorly WiiU has been doing this year, and with all the content coming out this fall, anything can happen. It's not like the WiiU vote people have will significantly change their position on the 8th gen console grouping.

Plus WiiU has the Nintendo vote, so we'll know if someone predicted WiiU well, but not the One/PS4.
----

Anyone else have suggestions?

Oh, I should include Wii Sports Club release too on that table.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:

So....if you can't call a home version of Vita, a version of Vita, then you can't call this an N64 then?

Anyway, lets not derail this thread any further and see what VGC & MC count. Like Seece said, I'm at the mercy of these websites since we will be using their data for this thread.

----

Update - I've figured out non-gravity's excel file, everything is ready to go! When more people vote I will update the OP with everyones WiiU, PS4, and One predictions as well.

Now in the past non-gravity has included various categories, stuff like "Sony", "Nintendo", "Consoles, etc. What would you like for this year?

I'm thinking

Nintendo
Sony
Hand held
Console - 7th Gen
Console - 8th Gen
Overall

Sound good people?

that looks like a portable N64. vita tv isn't even a full vita. but as we both said, let's not derail this thread.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Michael-5 said:

that looks like a portable N64. vita tv isn't even a full vita. but as we both said, let's not derail this thread.

But this isn't a full N64, there is no controller, and therefore no memory card/rumble card slot, so games like Blast Corps and Starfox 64 are either unplayable, or significantly downgraded. Plus with only one controller port, this is less accessable then Vita TV because now games like Mario Party are just

Michael-5 said:
Zero999 said:
Michael-5 said:

But this isn't a full N64, there is no controller, and therefore no memory card/rumble card slot, so games like Blast Corps and Starfox 64 are either unplayable, or significantly downgraded. Plus with only one controller port, this is less accessable then Vita TV because now games like Mario Party are just

we don't really know if there is no memory card slot but that doesn't change the fact vita tv sales shouldn't be added to vita. don't quote this anymore, this is a subject for another thread.

Michael-5 said:
Pavolink said:
Platform Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Week 7 Week 8 Week 9 Week 10
360 165 250   175 170  510 195   235 450  700   215
PS3  210 265   135 100   390  590  470  510  780  310
3DS  265  325 395   450  1080 705   810 1160   1350 425 
Vita 80   95  135  80  170 95   150  350  390  150
WiiU  65  50  65  150 425   150  300  490 605   195
PS4 - -  750 200   1050 310   325 350  450   100
One - - -  1000  410 310   350  395  415  110

I think you have a type for 360 in week 4. I'm putting up the predictions made so far, including 70 as your prediction, but you still have a week to change it.

Update: I will be posting PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita Predictions as well as Mr. Average for all of them tonight. I need to work on the excel sheet non-gravity gave to to fully set up WiiU, One & PS4 (should be done by tomorrow)

Yep. Thanks. 70 --- 170

I'll edit in my original post.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

God be quiet Zero, you're not in charge so just deal with it (and we don't even know either way yet) you're just making a racket now.

Just to clarify, the votes will be considered only after the deadline, right? I can edit my vote up until nov 5th and only then it will be checked by the OP, correct?