By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Quick Question] Does anyone miss the GameCube?

Do you miss the GameCube?

Yes 130 68.78%

No 44 23.28%

See Results 14 7.41%

Total:188

I dont really miss the GC because mines still in a cupboard plus some of the titles are starting to creep back (Wind Waker, Soul Calibur II, ToS etc), but I do think it was sadly overlooked at the time. I believe it was a much better system for its day than Wii

Around the Network

No.

Definitely not, the GameCube is easily the most disappointing Nintendo console. The biggest Nintendo series all have their weakest entries on the GameCube. It went from near-perfection in the N64 era to mediocrity in the GameCube era. This extended to the handheld side of things, the GBA is by far the most disappointing Nintendo handheld. The GameCube remains the only console I own that I do not have hooked up to a tv. Consoles from all generations and from all kinds of brands are hooked up to a tv, but the GameCube remains lonely in it's box.

In fact, I don't miss the entire 6th generation, such a forgettable generation. That generation made me turn to PC, which actually did have some decent games during that period (and, okay, a couple of my favorites of all time).

To end with a slight positive though, I agree the controller was decent enough, the specs were clever and advanced and the built-quality of the console was superb. It's unbreakable.

For me the most underestimated console. Sorry, second most underestimated, the first was Dreamcast.

It's not like you can't play it anymore if you own one...

If the controller would have a little bit larger D-Pad the controller would be perfect.
I just love it. But personally I never had one, I played GC on my Wii, that's it.

Around the Network

Hell to the no.

Was the lamest Nintendo console made since the VB. Every game from the previous gen was better than their GC counterparts. The system had some gems, for sure, but overall like another poster wrote, it was a decline in the quality of Nintendo games.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

hell yes, but then again, WII is fully BC and thank god it is because the library is...yeah

It was a phenomenal console and I still play on it, but everyone must move on at some point.

jonathanalis said:
everyone who had a GC simply loved it.

Nope, my existence proves that one wrong!

MohammadBadir said:
i'm one of those Nintendo fans who loved the GC more than the NES and N64 :P

So, not a true Nintendo fan.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.