By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Reviews Coming Next Two Weeks [But Not Xbone]

ethomaz said:

It looks like he has basically told us what this means now:

X1 - Not good but understandable - esRAM causing launch problems

PS4 - Just is, and is less understandable - Sony are having reviews done at the "launch event"

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Around the Network
Osc89 said:
ethomaz said:

PS4 - Just is, and is less understandable - Sony are having reviews done at the "launch event"

by ur logic: Es ram causing difficulty so "is less understandable".

while Sony are having reviews done at launch so "understandable".

Osc89 said:
ethomaz said:

Nice!!!, I'm gonna try it on my ps3
Thanks CGI and Ethomaz

CGI-Quality said:

Guys, I hold in my hands, my very own DualShock 4!!!!!

I envy your hands right now... I have two on preorder but Best Buy here doesn't have them on the shelves yet. I'd like to get some of my own impressions especially with the PC compatibility whilst I wait for my PS4.

Around the Network
Saviour said:
Osc89 said:
ethomaz said:

It's just my guess, but I think the delay for the "launch event" for the PS4 is seen as "less understandable" as it gives reviewers less flexibility. He does say "sigh" before he mentions it. esRAM problems are out of the control of MS, so I think they are "understandable".

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

CGI-Quality said:

Sony says just plug-and-play with these, so that's gonna be exciting!

It does... everything works on Windows 8.1... even the trackpad for click only (not tracking... the only issue).

I posted here how to make he works on Bluethooth... you need to hold some buttons on the controller.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5748838

CGI-Quality said:

Windows 8.1, eh? What about Windows 7? I'd imagine the same.

I guess so... you need to try yourself... I read that MAC works fine too.

How can anyone not know what he is talking about?

He said it is a silly reason related to the Xbox One.

That OBVIOUSLY means the Doritos and Mountain Dew trucks have been delayed, and nobody is allowed to review anything without being supplied.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

ethomaz said:

gergroy said:

you do need it to play online with ps4 games though, which for a game like battlefield, online gaming is a very big part of the game and primarily what people will be playing.  I don't see how you could review a game like that without going online.

Well I'm prettry sure all reviewers didn't review the MP part because most time it is not ready until de launch... and the reviews are made weeks before the launch.

I hope that change in this new genereation but I don't know... PS360 gen we have only SP reviews.

Uh... what? Reviewers review the MP portion of games all the time.

I literally can only think of one game this gen that was heavy on MP and had no MP review at launch and that was because the MP servers were messed up, and I don't remember the name of the game. All others have MP components to the review. The servers are typically online for reviewers to review the game.