By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Reviews Coming Next Two Weeks [But Not Xbone]

i don't even know what to make of those tweets.

Around the Network

So pretty much to sum up so far: Xbox One reviews will come later due to a stupid reason that has little or nothing to do with:

Sony
Power differences
co-marketing

And the PS4 and Xbox One versions of games do not have any major differences in his opinion.

Have no idea what to make of it....

ethomaz said:

J_Allard said:

Looks like that's the Xbone patch. Nothing about the PS4 patch.

You don't need PS4 patch to play games lol... and the PS4 reviews will be out.

you do need it to play online with ps4 games though, which for a game like battlefield, online gaming is a very big part of the game and primarily what people will be playing.  I don't see how you could review a game like that without going online.  

gergroy said:

you do need it to play online with ps4 games though, which for a game like battlefield, online gaming is a very big part of the game and primarily what people will be playing.  I don't see how you could review a game like that without going online.

Well I'm prettry sure all reviewers didn't review the MP part because most time it is not ready until de launch... and the reviews are made weeks before the launch.

I hope that change in this new genereation but I don't know... PS360 gen we have only SP reviews.

ethomaz said:

gergroy said:

Well I'm prettry sure all reviewers didn't review the MP part because most time it is not ready until de launch... and the reviews are made weeks before the launch.

I hope that change in this new genereation but I don't know... PS360 gen we have only SP reviews.

What?  multiplayer focused games like battlefield and call of duty always have mp reviewed, go read some of them if you don't believe me.   

Around the Network

gergroy said:

What?  multiplayer focused games like battlefield and call of duty always have mp reviewed, go read some of them if you don't believe me.  

Before launch? I'm sure they never reviewed the MP... there are exception of course but most of game didn't have MP review... the guys give the review based in the Beta.

IGN posted that.

ethomaz said:

gergroy said:

Before launch? I'm sure they never reviewed the MP... there are exception of course but most of game didn't have MP review... the guys give the review based in the Beta.

yes before launch.  They set up servers and have a period where reviewers can get on and play multiplayer.  They were reviewing games this way durring the first xbox.  I'm guessing you don't read many reviews for shooters?  or multiplayer focused games?  They always touch on mp, always.  

gergroy said:

yes before launch.  They set up servers and have a period where reviewers can get on and play multiplayer.  They were reviewing games this way durring the first xbox.  I'm guessing you don't read many reviews for shooters?  or multiplayer focused games?  They always touch on mp, always.

I read and most reviews lacks the MP part.

ethomaz said:

gergroy said:

I read and most reviews lacks the MP part.

maybe its a brazil thing... do you mostly read reviews from brazil?  seriously, I can't remember the last time I read a review of a shooter like battlefield or call of duty that didn't talk about mp.