By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Edge Article - Why Wii U should steal your Christmas

HikenNoAce said:

4- For good reason - the Wii sold fastest to casuals and not gamers. And that is why third party games sold poorly on it. It was a fad that did not last as long as the generation.

Incorrect. 

The Wii lasted 6 years. That is a normal, healthy console lifespan. A fad would have been two or three years.

Around the Network
HikenNoAce said:
zorg1000 said:

What the hell are u talking about? Since when have first week sales determined overall sales? U do realize B/W had a better opening than D/P yet its lifetime sales are less?

Nothing u say makes a single bit of sense, if u want to have an intelligent conversation then maybe u should do a little more research and look at past trends before making arguments. 

You'll never learn, will you? Were you also one of those people who thought Pokemon will outsell GTAV?

What will I never learn? Im pretty sure ur the one that bases success off of first week sales which has proven time and time again to not be a very accurate way of determining overall success.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

HikenNoAce said:

Because the days of the casuals are over.

Oh no, here you go again! Quite a blanket statement, if you ask me. Also, it's not like it completely matters. Nintendo can sell the Wii U to more than just Casual gamers. Look at the 3DS. (But don't look at the GameCube...)

OT: Edge should just stop trying. They need to take a look at themselves, they've become "Click Whores."

orniletter said:
HikenNoAce said:
orniletter said:
Why is it so hard to admit (for some people) that the WiiU will have the most (and probably best) exclusives this holiday season ?

We are talking about a full years worth of exclusives vs. the first baby steps of the other Next Gen consoles.

The PS4/Box will likely have a great library one year after release as well, with great exclusives left and right.

But this holiday season ? The WiiU wins

Super Mario 3D World. What else does the WiiU have?

the entire line up of WiiU exclusives vs. the launch titles for X1 and PS4

Ah, so the titles which didn't help the WiiU so far will help it now?

curl-6 said:
HikenNoAce said:

4- For good reason - the Wii sold fastest to casuals and not gamers. And that is why third party games sold poorly on it. It was a fad that did not last as long as the generation.

Incorrect. 

The Wii lasted 6 years. That is a normal, healthy console lifespan. A fad would have been two or three years.

The Wii's success lasted hyped success lasted four years (2006-2010). Once the Kinect came out the casual hype moved over to MS for two years (2010-2012). 

Around the Network

Nintendo stole my christmas LAST YEAR, and I spent much more than anyone would spend on a ps4/ xbone and get very little enjoyment out of it.  Not only that, but the following year was horrible with no games geared towards the 12+ age range.  Nintendo can go die in a gutter this xmas for all I care.

HikenNoAce said:
orniletter said:
HikenNoAce said:
orniletter said:
Why is it so hard to admit (for some people) that the WiiU will have the most (and probably best) exclusives this holiday season ?

We are talking about a full years worth of exclusives vs. the first baby steps of the other Next Gen consoles.

The PS4/Box will likely have a great library one year after release as well, with great exclusives left and right.

But this holiday season ? The WiiU wins

Super Mario 3D World. What else does the WiiU have?

the entire line up of WiiU exclusives vs. the launch titles for X1 and PS4

I see you've failed to respond to any of my post. I wonder why that could be?

I have had a WiiU from day one, and it has been tremendous. Once the software glitches and such from the launch were patched it became fast, responsive and elegant. I have a great catalogue of games for it Monster Hunter Ultimate, Lego City, Splinter Cell, ACIII, Rayman, Mario, Pikmin and many others. I highly recommend this system, it is just plain fun. And with bundles like Windwalker for 300 bucks, it is a hell of a deal. if you buy now, there is a decent catalogue, full backwards compatibility with all Wii titles, and no launch hassles. It definitely has a place in my home right beside the Steambox that is going in the living room. And with USB 2 TB drives so dirt cheap I have downloaded all games except for COD which was not available as a download.

So I agree with the OP, this is a great time to get one while wiating for launch glitches to be ironed out and software catalogues to build up on the other consoles.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:
HikenNoAce said:

Incorrect. 

The Wii's success lasted hyped success lasted four years (2006-2010). Once the Kinect came out the casual hype moved over to MS for two years (2010-2012). 

Id say more like 5 years, I know 2011 wasnt an amazing year for Wii but it sold 11.5m that year compared to 13.8m for 360 and 14.7m for PS3. Far from being dead at that point and selling comparably to the competition.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

HikenNoAce said:

Stop your condescending tone.

And this thread and the original article aren´t about saving the WiiU/ games that will save the WiiU, it is about pitching the exclusives on WiiU and the other next gen consoles against each other and showing that the WiiU has the better library .

But whatever I guess, keep moving the goalpost !