By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Overheating...

i never had an overheating prob with the wii hmm i hope its not in certian ones

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth

Around the Network

We've have 3 Wiis from launch, all have Wii connect 24 on 24/7 without any problems, including one in an office which heats up like a greenhouse in the summer.
The Wiis are all stood upright and away from any walls or other objects and have plenty of ventilation.

I using my friend Wii and it's not warming up or overheating when I'm not using it.

Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii), Halo 3 (X360), Brain Age (NDS), Pokemon Diamond (NDS), Warhawk (PS3) 

I used to leave mine on but I realized there was no point since I have dial up...

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I have had mine on Standby mode with WiiConnect24 ever since 11/19/2006, with the exception of a couple of times I unplugged it to take it on a couple of trips.

Mine has never overheated.

Around the Network

well all in all, The Wii rarely if ever overheats and it has never been a problem for Ninty consoles so no need to worry

As Skyrender has said, this will not affect any current models so you have no need to worry at all.

If you are stupidly careless and have the Wii on a sunny windowsill or next to a hot computer then it may ovrrheat, but tbh most electrical items would under such conditions.

I wish my wii gave off more heat :( its really cold in here.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Not my Wii b.c i Don't put it on Stand By mode

Moongoddess256 said:
I wish my wii gave off more heat :( its really cold in here.

lolol - Ninty designed it to give off as less heat as possible. how ironic!