By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Overheating...

It just keep dying, and i need to take all cables off. Wait at least 20 min, then put it back, and it works again. Two times now (6 months), strange :S

Around the Network
wiiforever said:
Moongoddess256 said:
I wish my wii gave off more heat :( its really cold in here.

lolol - Ninty designed it to give off as less heat as possible. how ironic!

Yeah, I guess that makes the 360 my preffered console for the winter. Its seriously nice to huddle around.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

The Wii in and of itself uses very little power even while fully operating. Having said that I will say this. Wiiconnect24 should not generate enough heat to damage your system if you play it every once in a while and get the fans operating. However if you just leave Wiiconnect24 on for weeks while going on vacation or simply not using your wii it cannot be any good for the system itself.

Moderation, leave it on if you're using it every once in a while but if you plan to leave it off for weeks just turn wiiconnect off.. takes about 10 seconds. I turn it off to reduce it's electrical use over time but I do miss my glowing blue light..

The problem has nothing to do with WiiConnect - just a % of flakey (early) Wiis.

My unit is always running WiiConnect24, and has been for more than a year. Its also pretty hot lately where I live.

If you are holding off on getting a Wii for hardware stability issues - don't. There are 20m of them in the market, and only a tiny % are flakey.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

if you are thinking about getting a wii then get it. best thing i ever bought! and if you do get one then buy SSBB so you can play it when it comes out..

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Around the Network
__XBrawlX__ said:
I have had my wiiconnect24 on for 6 months now...
No problems at all :)

OFF TOPIC - I love your sig!

Seems redundant at this point, but yeah, no prob. I got mine at launch and it's been on WiiConnect 24/7 ever since.

I had the dots problem, but I can't related it to WiiConnect. Given the fact the problem is identical in all cases, and appears to be related to Pixel Shaders (hence why the problem is amplified greatly in outdoor parts of RE4) and not causing any other issue , I'd suggest it was an initial manufacturing problem.

Also given that the GPU shouldn't be powered when instandby, since there is no graphics, I don't really see how it could be suffering heat damage when it shouldn't be on.

That said, I don't use WiiConnect anyway, so I have it turned off.