By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Overheating...

Lynsanity said:
I am thinking about getting a Wii, but I am worried about the Wii Overheating while in Standby mode. Didn't this cause the Graphics card to overheat, and lead to graphical glitches? Does the Wii Still have this problem, or has it been fixed?

maybe u should get a fan just in case

Around the Network

The Wiis that were affected by overheating issues messing up the GPU were launch models, for the most part. The problem was fixed very quickly, and all Wiis made from January 2007 onwards should be free of that issue.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Lynsanity you can just switch on/off the standby connection. While in standby my Wii gets a little warm but nowhere close to hot.

I kept the standby on for months until now when I just turned it off just because I find no use for it atm.

Sky Render said:
The Wiis that were affected by overheating issues messing up the GPU were launch models, for the most part. The problem was fixed very quickly, and all Wiis made from January 2007 onwards should be free of that issue.

well good to hear that cause I bought my Wii in October 2007 so I am safe :)

have a Small External fan. I will probably just run that. Would rather have the thing crap out under warranty than after

Around the Network

The wii doesn't overheat, is designed to be on 24 hours, its the less consuming console of this generation.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Mine is also on wiiconnect24 since day of purchase. No problem at all.

Mine has been on or on standby for well over a year (with wiiconnect), no problems. Yes it does get warm in standby.

I did started getting graphical errors on my Wii January and so I sent it in to be repaired. Suffice to say, I always turn my Wii off now. I don't use Wii Connect 24 anymore.

I don't use WiiConnect 24, because I don't see any sense in leaving the console heating up while I'm not playing.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957