By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Anyone else feels BestBuy is giving prefered treatment to MSFT consoles ?

I think its the same as EB games, they are very pro- Sony... here they barely include Xbox in any way, they advertise, but its always AFTER sony.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network

Now that you mention it Ail, I have noticed the same thing. 360 area is huge and right near the center aisle which gets the most traffic. Wii is way off to the side.

First, I'm quite sure the 360 sells more software than either the Wii or PS3 at Best Buy. The PS3 is obvious (this is an American chain), and while the Wii competes in software with the 360 overall in America, the Wii has disproportionately higher sales at places like Toys R Us and Target, and the 360 higher in "tech" stores like Best Buy or Circuit City. Thus, in a general sense, it's quite likely that the 360 does deserve more shelf space and prominence.

But as others have noted, this isn't really necessary anyway. You hint at at some sense of bias, but in reality this is simple business; all three game makers have business relations with Best Buy, and each will pitch their product in a variety of ways (using words, money, or incentives such as increased product availability) to vie for shelf space. In short: yes, it's quite possible that Microsoft and Best Buy have a business partnership garaunteeing Xbox 360 premium market space on their floors, and yes, it's quite likely that all three companies have similar agreements and partnerships with other retailers. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I think Best Buy gives preferential treatment to their bottom line.

In short, the 360 sells much better in the US so they are devoting more space to the product they feel will sell best. Since the Wii is sold out they can get away with just having a software section and provided they carry the major titles for the three consoles I don't think there is much you can seriously complain about.

Best Buy is a business and they like to make money...thats why they created the Geeksquad to rip people off who don't know any better. But thats a whole other can of worms.

To Each Man, Responsibility