By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [CONFIRMED by IW] COD: GHOSTS run at 720p 60fps and 1080p 60fps on PS4

colafitte said:

Well, he have the right to post his opinion, and his opinion is Ryse is the best game he have seen so far..., nothing wrong in my opinion....

And my opinion is that the last trailer of Ryse was amazing indeed, but it was mostly cutscenes..., no much gameplay.

And on topic..., I've following everything in GAF and i've have one of the funniest moments in the internet forums ever. The reaction of people is priceless...XDD. And after so many affirmations about the resolutions, it seems that the xbox one version will be 720p indeed. Considering how awful cod ghost looked in that video of ps4..., i don't understand how X1 can't process 1080p....And if this become true, i'm sure this will matter for a lot of people....

I agree.

It is not about CoD for sure... it is about the future of the plataform... Xbone will do 1080p in the future? Of course... the late game are always better than the first but what compromisses devs will have to do? How much can matter for developers a Xbox machice harder to develop?

You know... this already happened with PS3 but it have at least two advantages over Xbone:

1) It was the most powerful machine
2) The brand power of PlayStation

Now PS4 seems to have everything good from PS3 and 360: Power, Price, Easy Development, Brand Power, etc.

It will be a hard path this new gen for MS.

Around the Network

Honestly COD Ghosts isn't the reason I'm buying an Xbox One. I'm buying both PS4 and X1 for the future games. Just look at launch titles from 05-06 and games now. Next gen just started last year, lets give it some time.

colafitte said:

Considering how awful cod ghost looked in that video of ps4..., 

This is why this nonsense does not matter. in 1080p the game looks current gen, it will probably look the same on all the consoles that get the game. the cod series isn't the flashyest. Anyone that notices a difference will probably need glasses a few month later cause they would be too damn close to their tv's 

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

colafitte said:
DerNebel said:
kowenicki said:
Meh. Cant be bothered even thinking about this except to say.... Ryse is the best looking next gen game I have seen so far. 900p if I am not mistaken.

Gotta laugh at how seriously that nobody on Gaf takes himself.

Fun task for someone, go and try to start a rumour on GAF quoting VGC as your source....

I wish people would just stop this "x is the best looking game"-stuff. At the end of the day it's all subjective, none of us have the means to objectively compare the games and say which is technically "the best" and even if we could, so what? A game can be stunningly beautiful without doing anything exceptionally impressive on a technical level.

Well, he have the right to post his opinion, and his opinion is Ryse is the best game he have seen so far..., nothing wrong in my opinion....

And my opinion is that the last trailer of Ryse was amazing indeed, but it was mostly cutscenes..., no much gameplay.

And on topic..., I've following everything in GAF and i've have one of the funniest moments in the internet forums ever. The reaction of people is priceless...XDD. And after so many affirmations about the resolutions, it seems that the xbox one version will be 720p indeed. Considering how awful cod ghost looked in that video of ps4..., i don't understand how X1 can't process 1080p....And if this become true, i'm sure this will matter for a lot of people....

Of course, everyone is entitled to expressing there opinions, the problem is that people often try to sell their opinions as fact with comments like
 "x looks best".

But whatever, not the topic of the thread, continue people.

J_Allard said:
ethomaz said:

He's right, consumers won't care. The PS3 versions of CoD sold almost 60,000,000 copies this gen.

COD gamers aren't really worried about PS or Xbox, they're too busy trying to fight off BF, Halo, and KZ fans

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

colafitte said:

I agree.

It is not about CoD for sure... it is about the future of the plataform... Xbone will do 1080p in the future? Of course... the late game are always better than the first but what compromisses devs will have to do? How much can matter for developers a Xbox machice harder to develop?

You know... this already happened with PS3 but it have at least two advantages over Xbone:

Now PS4 seems to have everything good from PS3 and 360: Power, Price, Easy Development, Brand Power, etc.

I agree with you too, and now i suspect every game where it clearly states that is the ps4 version shown, it's because the x1 version is not as good or 1080p, and this feeling, i'm sure i will not be the only one who have it.

ethomaz said:

colafitte said:

I agree.

It makes more sense this way, in the current Gen all the 3rd party tites were ported from the 360 to the ps3, porting from the weaker console to the stronger one. all that did was keep the ps3 limited in the eyes of gamers.

Now it seems to be set up properly. if the ps4 is eaeier to develop for the ports will come from sony to MS. and MS shouldn't complan, if its the weaker console, the ports will probably push the limits......

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Yoshida says on twitter - "wait for Activision to confirm"

So PS4 isn't even confirmed 1080p?!?

Remember a year ago, when everybody was bashing the Wii U because most of its games were not in 1080p and 60 FPS, compared to the mighty "real" next-gen consoles?

Love and tolerate.