By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Any comparison pics of 480i and 480p.

I want to know if anybody here has a comparison pic of wii games in 480i and 480p so I know if getting a component cable for my wii is worth it. The only comparison pic I found is one of twilight princess. Does anybody have any of the higher graphical games like Mp3 or Smg.

Around the Network

Here ya go.

Search google images for more. If your tv does do 480p, its worth it.

For what it's worth, S-Video tends to output more or less identically to component at that resolution. I mention this because S-Video cables tend to be cheaper than component. But if you're after widescreen, then get component.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

I can only find zelda but want to see other games compared.

Around the Network

Thing is, when the component cables came out everyone used Zelda as the primary comparison. So that will be the most common pics you see. Also, at the time Zelda was by far the best looking Wii game.

Sky Render said:
For what it's worth, S-Video tends to output more or less identically to component at that resolution. I mention this because S-Video cables tend to be cheaper than component. But if you're after widescreen, then get component.

Do they make s-video cables for the wii? My tv is widescreen so that wouldn't work then. 

why does svideo not work on widescreen

mesoteto said:
why does svideo not work on widescreen

Sky render said that component is better than s-video when using widescreen not that it wouldn't work. I meant it wouldn't work out if component is better. 

I can assure you that it's worth it. The difference in quality is staggering, even in games with simple graphics like Wii Sports. I could take you some pictures with my TV, but I'm too lazy now, maybe later.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957