By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best AI in any game you've played?

Tagged games:

F.E.A.R. has pretty satisfying AI. The AI actually has some tactical intelligence! I haven't played a lot of shooters recently but whenever I have, the AI never gets even close to F.E.A.R.

Around the Network

I agree with F.E.A.R, that's about the last time AI surprised me after Half-life.
Although there are still plenty surprises in the area of 'WTF are they doing'

The last of us had a nice balance between enemy awareness and playability, plus hilarious wtf moments for the friendly AI.

Best AI opposition I've had this gen was Tokyo Jungle's world AI. Ruthless kick you when your down while holding a shining carrot in the distance. Leading to the most epic saves and tragic failures. It probably was just a randomized engine though.

I tend to like the AI in the Deus Ex series. Deus Ex HR AI in particular was quite good. It made my stealth playthrus quite challenging, and I never felt overpowered even with the augments. Each room/area required planning and strategy which is what a true stealth game should aspire to make the player do ... if you can just run through every section plowing through enemies then it is not much of a stealth game.

Not quite sure how they handle on an action playthru with guns blazing though.

Hey you Pikachu!

foodfather said:
Aldro said:

The Last of Us HANDS down.

No. 

TLOU has randomized scripted moments. They won't always appear on the same playthrough, but they are scripted. 

It was ND's way of making the AI seem not scripted, by not having the same scripted scene appear all the time. Neat trick, but its still scripted. 

Guess what? AI is scripted.

Randomizing scripts => Unpredictable AI => Fuckton of fun.

But thats just me.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
The Last of Us. yes the friend AI at times messed up. but the enemy AI was nothing short of amazing. by far better than any other game i played. im anticipating some "fish" jokes btw

I got some good laughs out of the friend AI xD You have me sneaking around as slowly as possible so that the clickers don't hear me, and then you have Ellie just running around the place like it's fuckin' Christmas.

DarthVolod said:

I tend to like the AI in the Deus Ex series. Deus Ex HR AI in particular was quite good. It made my stealth playthrus quite challenging, and I never felt overpowered even with the augments. Each room/area required planning and strategy which is what a true stealth game should aspire to make the player do ... if you can just run through every section plowing through enemies then it is not much of a stealth game.

Not quite sure how they handle on an action playthru with guns blazing though.

That's not really AI though, more to do with enemy placement and patrol routes. The AI starts when they detect you and the flushing out part wasn't any more intelligent then other games. Simply lay low until they settle back into their routines, who cares your buddy just disappeared 1 minute ago. And it was too easy to pick them off one by one after they start searching, coming around the corner one by one.

Dishnonerd's AI and enemy placement was a bit more interesting, although they also easily fall for the bottleneck trap. As well as The last of us. It seems rushing one by one to a pile of bodies is a good strategy in all games...

Fear's AI was amazing, and still is.

It's just that simple.

My first comment here:I think TLOU,then Killzone and FEAR 1

F-Zero GX.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero