By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who had ONLY a PS2 and bought a 360, with no plans for PS3?

Sorry Crazyman did this better. I dont have the energy to make all the options, lol.

Just curious though.

Around the Network

i didnt

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

this will be interesting

I KNOW at least 1 person personally...no more than that

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

hum,
here in France,

I know

1 PS2 guy with the Xbox360 but I dont know if he will go for PS3 later (GT5)
and
1 PS2/GC/Dreamcast guy getting the Xbox360 and no PS3 (cause it has no BC)

Time to Work !

I had an Xbox, PS2 when I bought a 360. I was going to buy a PS3 just to flip ... but I didn't do it. I got a Wii a lil more than a year after I got my 360 - March, April 07 and finally bought a PS3 because I wanted full BC and such. If I didn't reivew games, I would haven't have bought it.

Personally, I know a few folks who had a 360 first and then went PS3.

Around the Network

The last console I bought was the N64. 2 years ago a friend bought me a used PS2 for my birthday. I never played it much since I was primarily a PC gamer and still am. I bought a PS3 back in March 07 to complete my high def entertainment center. Call me crazy, but it never crossed my mind to get a 360. It's not that I don't think its a good machine but there are things I don't care for about it like the the controller and pay to play online.
Now that I'm married and have 3 kids, my gamerness has been worn thin and isn't a high priority right now. SO it doesn't bug me not to play games like SMG, Mass Effect, or any hand held games because I don't have the time anyways.

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

I fit this description perfectly, but that mostly because I have little to no interest in FF and MGS4, and I've never been into racers so GT 5 doesn't do it either. My favorite games are from bugie, biorware, valve and a few others, that are usually best on the 360 anyway. Plus I hate that old joystick design that Sony won't get rid of. The only game on the PS3 that I am slightly interested in is Uncharted, but not enough to buy one.

libellule said:
1 PS2/GC/Dreamcast guy getting the Xbox360 and no PS3 (cause it has no BC)
 I wonder if Sony realise just how many sales they've lost because of that. Releasing the 40gb cheap version was a good idea but only if they also kept the bells and whistles version like they did in the US. People who want BC would be happy, people who want a cheaper price would be happy. There are a hell of a lot of people who are holding out for BC, even just on this site.

Nobody that I know of ....

and NOt me either...

I know probably 4-5 people that went from PS2 to 360 only. I only know one guy who bought a PS3 though and he uses it solely as a way to play his PS2 games (I really don't know why).

I am not certain what all these polls are supposed to prove though. You are getting an extreme amount of unverifiable anecdotal evidence about a relative minority of a fanbase for a product. Nothing shown one way or the other can be universalized nor can any real data other than the trends of our little community be found. I know Crazzyman is inevitably going to try and use his data somewhere else despite the fact that is completely invalid, but I hope you have more sense.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229