By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who had ONLY a PS2 and bought a 360, with no plans for PS3?

I had the ps2 brought the PS3 (60 gig) sold the ps3 two weeks later, brought a Elite, then a Wii then another PS3 (40 gig)

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network

I know 4 people.

A couple of them were just the "Madden Crowd".

One just got the 360 cause it was out first and doesn't plan to get a PS3 because it's too similar

One got the 360 and for whatever reason really hates the PS3. (loved the Ps2.)

+1 i was big on the playstation 2 but 360 is where the games are at this time around.

I had a GC and a PS2 last gen. This gen, my first console was a 360. I eventually got a Wii (I'm a sucker for Nintendo), and eventually, I'm getting a PS3 (only recently started to consider it a viable console). I think it's awesome how quickly Microsoft made me a believer.

My friend is one of those people. He had a ps2 all last gen then bought a ps3 two weeks ago. He didn't like it so he returned it and got a 360 XD. I'm surprised walmart took it back.

Around the Network
HCS said:
+1 i was big on the playstation 2 but 360 is where the games are at this time around.

Just like that.. well alright.

Attention:    This time around, as if it were herpies sneaking its way back into our bedrooms, it is the 360 that has all of the games.

Disregarding the fact that the PS3 came out a year later than the 360, this generation has already concluded and YES.. incase you were wondering the games are now on the 360 only. 

I can't help but lash out at such posts.

I got the 360 at launch because it was the first to the market, and I knew that I would have great looking games that you could not really find anywhere else for about 2 years until the PS3 would be hitting its stride.

IMO fact based logic shows that the games "this time around" are simply not on the 360. The broad generalization of what you have said offends my intelligence as a human being.

Unless ofcourse the definition of "this time around" means from 360 release up until 2008.

I know that is starting to sound a little bit Sony biased and cliche, but the games simply do not exist on the 360 anymore.

Like a heart that beats... 

The Games.

The Games.

The Games we are hoping for and are excited to play.

The Games that will define a generation, and give birth to a new order in video game entertainment.

The Games that are not PC games and do not involve flailing your limbs in order to play them.

The Games that will haunt your soul until the day you cease to breathe.

The Games...... 

This message has been brought to you by Sony Computer Entertainment 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

ultraslick said:
HCS said:

Just like that.. well alright.

Attention: This time around, as if it were herpies sneaking its way back into our bedrooms, it is the 360 that has all of the games.

Disregarding the fact that the PS3 came out a year later than the 360, this generation has already concluded and YES.. incase you were wondering the games are now on the 360 only.

I can't help but lash out at such posts.

I got the 360 at launch because it was the first to the market, and I knew that I would have great looking games that you could not really find anywhere else for about 2 years until the PS3 would be hitting its stride.

IMO fact based logic shows that the games "this time around" are simply not on the 360. The broad generalization of what you have said offends my intelligence as a human being.

Unless ofcourse the definition of "this time around" means from 360 release up until 2008.

I know that is starting to sound a little bit Sony biased and cliche, but the games simply do not exist on the 360 anymore.

Like a heart that beats...

The Games.

The Games.

The Games we are hoping for and are excited to play.

The Games that will define a generation, and give birth to a new order in video game entertainment.

The Games that are not PC games and do not involve flailing your limbs in order to play them.

The Games that will haunt your soul until the day you cease to breathe.

The Games......

This message has been brought to you by Sony Computer Entertainment

I'm looking at HCS's post and I just can't seem to find the part where he disregards the fact that the PS3 came out a year later.

Call me blind, call me stupid, call me ignorant but I just don't se where he says that.

Let me look at it closer.
Is it between "Big" and "on"??  - nope
It it between "playstation"  and "2" ??  - nope

well gosh darn...  I just can't seem to find it.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

@ gebx,
it doesn't say it, but it is implied.

welp, all the games are on 360 THIS TIME AROUND

implying this generation.

he doesnt say it, he doesnt think it, but he is overlooking facts. (and even if he isn't, he should not post something that eludes to certain points)

I am sorry if I angered you. But something has to make these threads interesting.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

I had a PS2 and only a PS2 last gen. I originally bought a 360 since it was the first one on the market and I had plans on returning it once the PS3 came out. However, since I really haven't been impressed by anything the the PS3 has to offer thus far and since quite a few the franchises I really enjoyed on PS2 will be on the 360 (GTA, DMC). It seems highly unlikely I'll be switching consoles anytime soon.

p?userid=15119[/img][/url]

Damn...I'm so disqualified from this contest it's not even funny! I owned all four (including DC) last gen and all three this gen

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."