By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who had ONLY a PS2 and bought a 360, with no plans for PS3?

Was a PS2 user (well, we still play it on occasion), then we purchased a 360 followed by a Wii for the "family" oriented games.

Around the Network

I got a PS2 in Nov '05 and one of the main reasons I got it was the fact that the PS3 looked like a better piece of equipment based on the specs. Also, the fact that M$ made the 360 kind of discouraged me from buying it. I still stand by my decision to get a PS3 because the thing......just.....works..............all.....the.......time. It doesn't overheat, it doesn't require crappy and expensive first-party accessories, it doesn;t sound like a 747 powering up, it plays all my PS2 games, it lets me play online for free....I could go on.

Anyway, I'm not saying the 360 is totally worthless (I love Halo 3, BioShock, and in-game...ummm...Dashboard), but imho, the PS3 is better.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Retrasado said:
I got a PS2 in Nov '05 and one of the main reasons I got it was the fact that the PS3 looked like a better piece of equipment based on the specs. Also, the fact that M$ made the 360 kind of discouraged me from buying it.

Same here. I bought a ps2 at launch and I was seriously considering an x360 before i bought my ps3 last july. The determining factor for me was free online play. I liked the original xbox but I enjoy online MP and free online play is what really put the ps2 above the original xbox in terms of online play. If there was free online play for every x360 game I would own an x360 instead of a ps3. It really is that simple.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ultraslick said:
HCS said:
+1 i was big on the playstation 2 but 360 is where the games are at this time around.

Just like that.. well alright.

Attention: This time around, as if it were herpies sneaking its way back into our bedrooms, it is the 360 that has all of the games.

Disregarding the fact that the PS3 came out a year later than the 360, this generation has already concluded and YES.. incase you were wondering the games are now on the 360 only.

I can't help but lash out at such posts.

I got the 360 at launch because it was the first to the market, and I knew that I would have great looking games that you could not really find anywhere else for about 2 years until the PS3 would be hitting its stride.

IMO fact based logic shows that the games "this time around" are simply not on the 360. The broad generalization of what you have said offends my intelligence as a human being.

Unless ofcourse the definition of "this time around" means from 360 release up until 2008.

I know that is starting to sound a little bit Sony biased and cliche, but the games simply do not exist on the 360 anymore.

Like a heart that beats...

The Games.

The Games.

The Games we are hoping for and are excited to play.

The Games that will define a generation, and give birth to a new order in video game entertainment.

The Games that are not PC games and do not involve flailing your limbs in order to play them.

The Games that will haunt your soul until the day you cease to breathe.

The Games......

This message has been brought to you by Sony Computer Entertainment

Dude, it's either your opinion, or it's fact based logic, it can't be both.  Fact based logic needs no opinions, and opinions are not dependent on facts.  

That said, none of my clsoe friends are big gamers,  so I don't know any who went Ps2 to 360.  I do have a cousin who plays quite a bit, but he usually owns every console from a given generation.  I'd be hard pressed to think of one he didn't own.