By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I Believe the PS4 Price in Brazil is Just Marketing (Bad and Disrespectful) - Sony Maths Out

ethomaz said:

New out.

"Mark Stanley detailed the reasoning behind the Brazilian price, and told us Sony "doesn't want to sell a single PS4 at this high price", but due to their strategy, they thought it was important to be here in 2013 to show Brazilians that they're "critical and important to PlayStation". They're planning on manufacturing the PS4 here ASAP." - Brazil@GAF.

That sucks, but it doesn't sound like it is their fault. What are you going to do? Pay that much/import/switch console?

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Around the Network

Osc89 said:

That sucks, but it doesn't sound like it is their fault. What are you going to do? Pay that much/import/switch console?

I don't believe that for a second.

How MS can give us a console at R$2200? The taxes have to be the same for both... Vita is imported too and the taxes are not that high... using that math for Vita it was to cost here R$1900 but the official price is R$1400.

Bullshit.

ethomaz said:

Osc89 said:

I don't believe that for a second.

How MS can give us a console at R$2200? The taxes have to be the same for both... Vita is imported too and the taxes are not that high... using that math for Vita it was to cost here R$1900 but the official price is R$1400.

Bullshit.

Does MS import? They seem to have done a breakdown, so surely you can check if those taxes are real?

Osc89 said:

They really think the market is retarded if they believe anyone is going to buy that excuse for a second. I study Law and the tributary is extremely shoddy on that chart. Like to the point of ridiculousness. Like to the point of motivating public prosecution for misleading propaganda if Sony themselves made it.

You can honestly take a flight to pretty much anywhere in the world, buy a PS4 and come back for less. Color me surprised and very depressed if Sony's official PS4 launch manages to sell more than 100 units until year's end.

Osc89 said:

Does MS import? They seem to have done a breakdown, so surely you can check if those taxes are real?

Yeap... MS Brazil will import the Xbone... no production at launch... same for PS4.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
Osc89 said:

They really think the market is retarded if they believe anyone is going to buy that excuse for a second. I study Law and the tributary is extremely shoddy on that chart. Like to the point of ridiculousness. Like to the point of motivating public prosecution for misleading propaganda if Sony themselves made it.

You can honestly take a flight to pretty much anywhere in the world, buy a PS4 and come back for less. Color me surprised and very depressed if Sony's official PS4 launch manages to sell more than 100 units until year's end.

Didn't Sony make that? I thought this was official information. It seems pretty stupid if they are doing this deliberately, as why have a completely different strategy to everywhere else?

haxxiy said:
Osc89 said:

to add insult to injury, they're announcing that price when we know the $100 more expensive xone will be 2.2k.

ethomaz said:

Osc89 said:

Yeap... MS Brazil will import the Xbone... no production at launch... same for PS4.

Are you going with the X1 then? For those prices I would.

Sony Brazil didn't get the memo of Kaz saying that Sony is now cool and don't make this things anymore....BAD SONY, BAD!!.

Talking seriously, this is unacceptable, Sony is destroying the Playstation brand with this in Brazil.... a HUGE mistake.

From the graph the taxes I know for sure...

+ Taxa de importação: 20%
+ ICMS (SP): 25%
+ COFINS: 7.6%
+ PIS: 1.65%
+ IPI: 50%

The new for me is that "ICMS-ST e Impostos de MVA" but seems like 25% too.

Using the base: R$858

+ Taxa de importação: 172
+ ICMS (SP): 215
+ COFINS: 65
+ PIS: 15
+ IPI: 439

172 + 215 + 65 + 15 + 439 = 906

I can't see how they reach R$2524