By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I Believe the PS4 Price in Brazil is Just Marketing (Bad and Disrespectful) - Sony Maths Out

BaldrSkies said:
I wish you luck in getting a fair price. Even R2000 sounds ridiculous if Google currency conversion has anything to say about that (R2000=$922 USD!?)

To be fair our taxes are really huge.

PS4 $US: 400
II +20%: 480
PIS +1.65%: 488
COFINS + 7.6%: 525
ICMS +25%: 656
IPI +50%: 984

984 without profit for Sony Brazil.

Less than R$2000,00 is CRAZY for any company.

Around the Network

Max King of the Wild said:

That just sounds like you guys are going to get added value

You mean the bundle will have an additional DS4 and game? Someting like that?

ethomaz said:

That just sounds like you guys are going to get added value

You mean the bundle will have a additional DS4 and game? Someting like that?

Yes something like that. What if you get a ps vita with the ps4 in that price

Yes something like that. What if you get a ps vita with the ps4 in that price

Vita cost here R$1400... so R$2600 for PS4.

Well R$3500 for PS4 + Vita and I'm sold.

BTW using the Vita example.

$200 = R$1400 * Vita didn't received price cut here... when it was $250 we have the same price but I will use the new US price
$400 = R$2800

Crazy, no? How can they say the PS4 will cost R$4000.

Lol

Around the Network

If it goes down to 2000 I will buy it day one.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:

The mega high price is to hide a BAD price like 2500 or 3000... not a GOOD price like 2000.

I can't see 2000 for launch here anymore... I guess close to 3000 is still possible.

What's with Sony Brazil seemingly being run independent of Sony Japan? I mean every where else the PS4 is quite a bit cheaper than the One, yet in Brasil it's more expensive? Just doesn't seem right.

ethomaz said:
WagnerPaiva said:

The mega high price is to hide a BAD price like 2500 or 3000... not a GOOD price like 2000.

I can't see 2000 for launch here anymore... I guess close to 3000 is still possible.

3k is still too high, EXTRA.COM.BR is selling the ONE for R$ 1970 in 12X without interests or extra taxes, also, free shipping.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Tell me more abou what the GAF people say about this