By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Post your internet speed test result

amazing download speed, but my upload is not that good + my internet is limited.
we pay 66.50€ a month.

Around the Network

My line works perfectly to play with the people from the same country, but impossible to play fighting games with European/American :(

It's pretty decent... But it's not as reliable as I'd like it to be, though it is pretty reliable. No complaints about speed, albeit I wish it didn't have bandwidth quota.

KylieDog said:
Bajablo said:
KylieDog said:
Trying but someone is using a kindle right now and it really screws the laptop wireless signal, speedtest making the speed jump up and down nonstop. Post later.

Anyone else have a kindle cause that? Non of the smartphones we have cause it when they connect to the wifi...

Is your computer hooked up to the wifi too?
the more devices you have on a wireless connection the less bandwidth each device recieves (due to how wireless data transfer works).

So it might just be that you have lots of devices on your wireless and it is beginning to show the 'bad' part about wireless networks

At various times could have a bunch of smartphones, laptop, Vita all running off the wireless network, the laptop gets a steady signal (obviously slower speed if those devices downloading stuff.

...but then turning everything off except laptop and turning the kindle on and having it connected, not downloading anything, just turned on and connected...the laptops wifi signal goes crazy with the signal strength fading strong to weak and back again nonstop.

I'd check if the kindle supports the fastest speed your wireless router (guessing you don't have a separate wifi access point), if your router supports i.e. 802.11n speed and the wireless is set in auto-mode (= it changes the speed of the network to the slowest connecting device, simplified) you could have those symptoms.

or it might just have a realy strong antenna (transmits with high w) and creates alot of interferance.

check what wireless standard your kindle is compliant with, then check what your wireless network uses.
Just an example here: wireless network runs on 802.11n (300Mbit) in auto mode (supports legacy connections), and you connect with a kindle that only speaks 802.11g (56Mbit) it would drag every device down to 56Mbit speeds, and that bandwidth is shared with everything on the network..
and wireless networks give out timeslots..

so if you have 3 devices on a .11n network they get 100each dosn't matter if they are using their slot, it still gets a dedicated slice of the bandwidth
this is true on all, so imagine if you go down on .11g standard, then you have half of 56mbit with just 2 devices connected. and thats with FULL signal strength ;)

sorry for the wall of text,
I work with computers and think it's fun to discuss and talk about these kind of things :)

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Around the Network

Not bad, I guess. I'm satisfied with the upload speed.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Not bad, I guess. Upload is terrible though.

Edit: Omg. Almost the same comment as the last post.

BasilZero said:
Coming into this thread and seeing all the high numbers for download/upload from so many people make me a sad panda ;(

The numbers may be higher but thanks to bandwidth caps I can really only use 25 mbps donwload for just over 7 hours per month before reaching the limit.
Ofcourse still a lot better then taking a month to download 80Gb at 260 kbps.

Shame were can I find speeds at 100 Mbps?

Ping why do you fail meeee