By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What are the most expensive Nintendo published games ever made?

Tagged games:

How much would be the developmental cost?

10 million? 8 50.00%

11 million? 0 0%

12 million? 1 6.25%

13 million? 1 6.25%

14 million? 0 0%

15 million? 1 6.25%

more than above 5 31.25%

Total:16

When I hear expensive multi-million games, I always hear them being produced by third party developers like Rockstar or Square Enix. But I never hear news from Nintendo stating (or bragging?) how much their games costs. As a curious Nintendo fan, I wanted to know more but thought I ask you guys.

So what are the most expensive games from Nintendo, and how much do they cost? Or is it even possible to know? In that case, what do you think are the most expensive Nintendo games made?

Around the Network

I dont kno the list but i think LoZ skyward Sword was, but now this new LoZ will hold the record (wiiu)

Nintendo games seem to always be cheap to make. I bet Skyward Sword cost not much more than 10 million to make.

But I mean The Witcher 2 only costs 14 million to make.

I never understand how you hear about games costing 50, 100 million or some shit.
Just wasting resources.

tbone51 said:
I dont kno the list but i think LoZ skyward Sword was, but now this new LoZ will hold the record (wiiu)

I think it is too due to the game having to be remade for another art style. Has Nintendo ever publicly state how much the game cost?

Super Mario Galaxy and Zelda: Skyward Sword are often noted as being the largest productions that Nintendo has ever undertaken.

I don't think they've spent more than $15 million on any development currently released...and maybe no higher than $12 million.

Development only...no marketing budgets included.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Now that Nintendo is making HD games their costs will go up.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Zelda U is confirmed to have the largest production team of any Nintendo game in history, I could only imagine its costs would be the highest too.

I reckon that Zelda for Wii U development/production cost will be 45 million dollars without advertising/marketing and if we include advertising/marketing then I think it would be at least 60 million dollars and trough its lifetime of Wii U 5+ years. At best it will sell 10 million copies and gross 400 million dollars of profit.

I don't think they are that cheap really to make, quality is expensive

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I have a feeling that Bayonetta 2 and Zelda U will be battling for the crown. And Zelda U will handily win.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero