By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What PS4/One games would do well on WiiU?

Tagged games:

burninmylight said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:

Any quality game.

Wii had plenty of quality titles that bombed, don't be silly now.

So does PS360. Should they cancel every game that isn't guaranteed to be a commercial success?

What's your point? He said any quality game would sell on WiiU and he's wrong. Who is talking about cancelling games and shit.

Around the Network

Kingdom Hearts 3 looks worse than a lot of current gen games. It could play on the PS360 and Wii U. I think if there is ever a Wii U version, it'll only be when they decide to port the game over to PS360 since those will get more sales.

bonzobanana said:
I don't think ubisoft stated the wii u was half way between current and ps4/xbox one, they stated that watch dogs was between the two including visually. Then they retracted that statement to clarify a slightly different statement.

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/10/watch-dogs-wii-u-gamepad/

I personally don't believe the wii u is between. I believe overall the wii u is about current gen in performance and I am a wii u owner. I already own a ps3 and 360 and have visually compared many games on my projector screen. The wii u simply isn't performing beyond 360 or PS3. In saying that I clearly realise the wii u gpu has a feature set beyond 360 and ps3 and the wii u has 1GB+32MB dedicated to the gaming side which is twice that of 360/PS3. However CPU wise the wii u is clearly a bit weaker and if the recent forum postings on neogaf are right the wii u gpu is only about 176gflops, half the 352gflops figure often stated. They have made the case that the wii u gpu simply isn't consuming enough power to be 352 gflops and examination of an x-ray of the gpu seems to confirm there are only 3 possible configurations. 176gflops is the only answer that seems to tick all the boxes.

I guess my point is the ps3 and 360 have as much right to be compared to ps4 and xbone in performance terms as the wii u.

As long as the wii u provides my Nintendo fix with games like windwaker hd, mario, mario kart etc I'm happy though. I do feel this talk of the wii u being comparable to ps4 and xbox one is getting a bit ridiculous now. It clearly isn't that powerful and the vast majority of wii u multiformat games actually perform a little bit worse than 360 or ps3. You only have to look at eurogamer faceoffs or lense of truth etc.

Interesting, so with cpu, wii u is like 200gflops?

KH3 beside i understand PS4>>>WiiU for the game but X1? No wayyyy WiiU>>>X1 there

Seece said:
burninmylight said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:

Any quality game.

Wii had plenty of quality titles that bombed, don't be silly now.

So does PS360. Should they cancel every game that isn't guaranteed to be a commercial success?

What's your point? He said any quality game would sell on WiiU and he's wrong. Who is talking about cancelling games and shit.

Uh, no. He didn't say "any quality game would sell on WiiU," he merely said "Any quality game." In fact, the OP never said anything about games selling well. For all we know, he could have meant which games on PS4/X1 would port over well. I think that's more in line with his question than "which games would sell on Wii U."

Go back and read Zero999's post and the OP, and please don't try to turn this into a "Nobody buys third party games on Nintendo consoles!" thread when that's not the point of it.