By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD vs GTA vs Pokemon who will bank the most?

Who will bank the most?

Pokemon 165 40.54%

COD 29 7.13%

GTA 182 44.72%

candy crush bitches! 30 7.37%

Total:406
DucksUnlimited said:
iceboy151 said:
aikohualda said:
chapset said:
aikohualda said:
chapset said:
GTAV, it will sale the most hence make more money

subtract the cost of the games...

and the other two has more source of income... you dont think it counts?

maybe cod has more source of income but I don't see the point for pokemon. Cod is coming on the next gen platforms and on more platforms so I suspect it wasn't much cheaper to make than GTA V. also GTA V will be atleast 10mill more than pokemon so the cost is cover there.

how many copies does gta 5 needed to break even?

9.5M-10M.

$600m?

cost of the game doesnt include marketing... and not all of the 60$ go to the company... retails gets a big chunk....

Around the Network
iceboy151 said:
DucksUnlimited said:
iceboy151 said:
aikohualda said:
chapset said:
aikohualda said:
chapset said:

maybe cod has more source of income but I don't see the point for pokemon. Cod is coming on the next gen platforms and on more platforms so I suspect it wasn't much cheaper to make than GTA V. also GTA V will be atleast 10mill more than pokemon so the cost is cover there.

9.5M-10M.

$600m?

The publisher only gets 45% of revenue.

Licensing costs are set in stone like that?

DucksUnlimited said:
carlos3189 said:
Obviously Pokemon, it's way cheaper to make, it won't drop price till next installment and sell tons of toys, cards and stuff. In a month, GTA is gonna be dropping price, it will take years for Pokemon to do that...

I doubt GTA will drop in a month, but even if it did Pokemon is already selling for $20 less. The majority of Pokemon copies will be sold at a lower price than the majority of GTA copies being sold. Not to mention the fact that Pokemon will sell far less copies overall. In terms of software revenue alone, Pokemon will take a pretty distant third. Merchandise could very well put it ahead though.

i never see pokemon lower their price after a few months.... except for pre owned ones of course...

aikohualda said:
DucksUnlimited said:
iceboy151 said:
aikohualda said:
chapset said:
aikohualda said:
chapset said:

9.5M-10M.

$600m?

cost of the game doesnt include marketing... and not all of the 60$ go to the company... retails gets a big chunk....

Obviously. I was asking where that precise range he gave was coming from.

aikohualda said:
DucksUnlimited said:
carlos3189 said:
Obviously Pokemon, it's way cheaper to make, it won't drop price till next installment and sell tons of toys, cards and stuff. In a month, GTA is gonna be dropping price, it will take years for Pokemon to do that...

I doubt GTA will drop in a month, but even if it did Pokemon is already selling for $20 less. The majority of Pokemon copies will be sold at a lower price than the majority of GTA copies being sold. Not to mention the fact that Pokemon will sell far less copies overall. In terms of software revenue alone, Pokemon will take a pretty distant third. Merchandise could very well put it ahead though.

i never see pokemon lower their price after a few months.... except for pre owned ones of course...

When did I say anything about Pokemon lowering its price after a few months?

Around the Network
DucksUnlimited said:
carlos3189 said:

Pokemon will only be a few million behind by the end.  

Nintendo games as you should know, tend to stay full price the entire life.  

Pokemon is a Nintendo game, on a Nintendo system.  THey will get a much larger cut per sale than GTA will.  so the $20 price difference isn't as large or might even be tied by the time you consider what % the company actually gets.

So by lifes end, PROFIT from sales, not revenue, might actually be very tight.  

But then as you and everyone else knows.  Merchandise will be just a joke.  Pokemon will sell probably more in merchandise and other sources of money from cartoons to movies, cards and so on that they might beat GTA on just that alone.  

DucksUnlimited said:
aikohualda said:
DucksUnlimited said:
carlos3189 said:

When did I say anything about Pokemon lowering its price after a few months?

i over read :P can i say sorry to the cute guy in your avatar? :P

aikohualda said:
chapset said:
aikohualda said:
chapset said:

never was confirmed, any number you might get is from guestimation we don't even know for sure how much of the 60$ Rockstar get from each sale. My guess is 7-8 million if they get between 25-30$ per games

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

DucksUnlimited said:
iceboy151 said:
DucksUnlimited said:
iceboy151 said:
aikohualda said:
chapset said:
aikohualda said:
chapset said:

9.5M-10M.

$600m?

The publisher only gets 45% of revenue.

Licensing costs are set in stone like that?

Assuming this is right.

irstupid said:
DucksUnlimited said:
carlos3189 said:

Pokemon will only be a few million behind by the end.  

Nintendo games as you should know, tend to stay full price the entire life.  

Pokemon is a Nintendo game, on a Nintendo system.  THey will get a much larger cut per sale than GTA will.  so the $20 price difference isn't as large or might even be tied by the time you consider what % the company actually gets.

So by lifes end, PROFIT from sales, not revenue, might actually be very tight.  

But then as you and everyone else knows.  Merchandise will be just a joke.  Pokemon will sell probably more in merchandise and other sources of money from cartoons to movies, cards and so on that they might beat GTA on just that alone.  

So you think X/Y will sell as well as the originals? Because otherwise they will be a lot more than a few million behind.

Huge blockbusters like GTA/COD stay full price for a very long time as well. Easily the vast majority of their sales will be at full price so that's hardly an advantage for Pokemon.

Unless we have specific licensing fees for the other 2, this is just speculation.

It might. But it probably won't be.

Merchandise will be big certainly, but beating GTA on that alone? You must be joking.