By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD vs GTA vs Pokemon who will bank the most?

Who will bank the most?

Pokemon 165 40.54%

COD 29 7.13%

GTA 182 44.72%

candy crush bitches! 30 7.37%

Total:406
Serious_frusting said:

Probably something like candy crush to be honest.

All those micro transactions/advertisements-revenue can really add up. If not candy crush then GTA. COD in 3rd. A huge drop off then pokemon

why not pokemon? it has games, cards, anime, movies, spin offs, etc???? and it is cheaper to make....

do you know the numbers for candy crush sir?

Around the Network
chapset said:
aikohualda said:
chapset said:
GTAV, it will sale the most hence make more money

subtract the cost of the games...

and the other two has more source of income... you dont think it counts?

maybe cod has more source of income but I don't see the point for pokemon. Cod is coming on the next gen platforms and on more platforms so I suspect it wasn't much cheaper to make than GTA V. also GTA V will be atleast 10mill more than pokemon so the cost is cover there.

how many copies does gta 5 needed to break even?

Revenue or profit? And are we talking about just off of games, or other things?

Hard to say. In terms of software revenue alone, GTA by far. It will sell quite a bit more than the other two I think. Plus Pokemon is being sold for $40 rather than $60. But merchandise will make things interesting.

iceboy151 said:
Revenue or profit? And are we talking about just off of games, or other things?

profit.... ALL of it...

thats why i included the ADV and DISadv

Around the Network
aikohualda said:
chapset said:
aikohualda said:
chapset said:

maybe cod has more source of income but I don't see the point for pokemon. Cod is coming on the next gen platforms and on more platforms so I suspect it wasn't much cheaper to make than GTA V. also GTA V will be atleast 10mill more than pokemon so the cost is cover there.

9.5M-10M.

I'd probably say CoD. The game cost less to make than GTAV and will sell close around the same amount of copies. All with all the DLC that CoD will sell.

carlos3189 said:
Obviously Pokemon, it's way cheaper to make, it won't drop price till next installment and sell tons of toys, cards and stuff. In a month, GTA is gonna be dropping price, it will take years for Pokemon to do that...

I doubt GTA will drop in a month, but even if it did Pokemon is already selling for $20 less. The majority of Pokemon copies will be sold at a lower price than the majority of GTA copies being sold. Not to mention the fact that Pokemon will sell far less copies overall. In terms of software revenue alone, Pokemon will take a pretty distant third. Merchandise could very well put it ahead though.

iceboy151 said:
aikohualda said:
chapset said:
aikohualda said:
chapset said:

9.5M-10M.

$600m?

DucksUnlimited said:
iceboy151 said:
aikohualda said:
chapset said:
aikohualda said:
chapset said:

9.5M-10M.

$600m?

The publisher only gets 45% of revenue.