By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU Vs. 3DS: Which should i buy?

RazorDragon said:

Get a 3DS. You should buy a Wii U down the line too, but right now, 3DS has the best first and third party support. Also, the lack of third party games on your list is disturbing. For the 3DS, I'd recommend looking for Shinobi, Ace Combat, RE Revelations, Sonic Generations, DoA Dimensions, Tales of the Abyss, SSFIV 3D and Castlevania MoF. On the Wii U side, my recommendations are Zombi U, Rayman Legends and... well, that's it.

You recommend Shinobi for 3DS, tell me more about that game.. ive been really interested in the past, but never taken the plunge with that one.

Around the Network
zippy said:
RazorDragon said:

Get a 3DS. You should buy a Wii U down the line too, but right now, 3DS has the best first and third party support. Also, the lack of third party games on your list is disturbing. For the 3DS, I'd recommend looking for Shinobi, Ace Combat, RE Revelations, Sonic Generations, DoA Dimensions, Tales of the Abyss, SSFIV 3D and Castlevania MoF. On the Wii U side, my recommendations are Zombi U, Rayman Legends and... well, that's it.

You recommend Shinobi for 3DS, tell me more about that game.. ive been really interested in the past, but never taken the plunge with that one.

I'd recommend Shinobi for t he 3DS.  Don't let the 6.25 I gave it fool you.  It's a really good platformer.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=161209

zippy said:
RazorDragon said:

Well, to start, it's hard as nails. Gameplay wise, it's similar to the old Genesis Shinobi games, with the difference that you have all the magic powers since the beginning and a grappling chain. It's a nice throwback to these old Shinobi games since the difficulty and overall setting is very similar. It took me around 11 hours to finish the game on normal difficulty, and, playing on harder difficulties unlocks new levels and extra content. I'd certainly recommend buying it(since now it's probably very cheap), it's an awesome old-school platformer.

If i were you, i will go with 3DS considering you're very dissapointed with Vita, a different handhelds with good games may improve your situation.  I'm also dissapointed with my vita, the only feature that keep traveling through my head is the remote play features when i get my ps4.  So for now it's the savior of my vita.

3DS is better now, but Wii U next year will be better.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

No idea why Fire Emblem isn't on your 3DS list, but I would definitely recommend one

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

RazorDragon said:
zippy said:
RazorDragon said:

Well, to start, it's hard as nails. Gameplay wise, it's similar to the old Genesis Shinobi games, with the difference that you have all the magic powers since the beginning and a grappling chain. It's a nice throwback to these old Shinobi games since the difficulty and overall setting is very similar. It took me around 11 hours to finish the game on normal difficulty, and, playing on harder difficulties unlocks new levels and extra content. I'd certainly recommend buying it(since now it's probably very cheap), it's an awesome old-school platformer.

Cheers pal, ive seen it for around £10 so i might pick it up next month alongside my copy of Super Mario 3D land. (if the store still has it,)

think-man said:
hah ill laugh if the second you sell it something you want gets announced^^ anyways get the 3DS, you'll probably have the same problem if you go with the WiiU. 3DS is the safe option.

haha oh i bet! although it will just be another half arsed Uncharted or a pants Infamous spin off. I like new exciting/Story driven games and Vita will never get them sadly. Sony will just keep putting out smaller versions of good games on there. 

UncleScrooge said:
I'd go with the 3DS but only if you can adjust to handhelds. If you really don't like handhelds in general there's nothing you can do about it. You can get a 3DS XL if you don't like small screens (add both screens together and you got roughly twice the screen real estate of a PS Vita. It's really cool).

Also, I'm not certain the Wii U has a bright future ahead. I really want to recommend it to my friends but it's really not doing all too hot and we all know what that means for future support. So yeah, I'd recommend getting a 3DS.

yeh thats is basically what im thinking.. its no ideal but for Pokemon i can adjust i think! I see the WiiU and the PsVita in the same boat tbh. 

Nem said:

It depends on what you want. 3DS has plenty of options, but is gonna be the oldest "new generation" device at the end of the year. This means it will be on the way out in 3 years. The Wii U will probably last another 4 years at least.
You can expect graphical improvements on the Wii U titles as Nintendo hasnt tapped that much into the system capabilities while the 3DS is pretty much already beeing pushed to the brink.

At the end of the day, Nintendo provides different kinds of gaming experiences on portable and hme consoles. i would say, if you are looking at the future and dont mind missing pokemon, the Wii U is where you will see the biggest Nintendo games. If you care too much about pokemon and those smaller off the TV screen experiences then go for the 3DS. Its a decision you should find an answer to on your gaming habits.

With that said... i think ou may be making a  mistake getting rid of your Vita. The system is gaining alot of support in Japan (it competes with the PS3 in software sales) and PSVita TV will increase the installed base in the west to make it viable to localise those titles. It will be a niche device, but if you like Japanese games its the way to go. Also because the Vita still has potencial power to be tapped for series moving forward in Japan, while the 3DS is aproaching the brink in terms of power as i shared with you before. It will soon be a repetition of the DS and PSP situation in Japan. Despite what people say, i see the Vita lasting longer than the 3DS.

problem is i dont like Japanese games. I like new IP's and strong story Driven games.. thats why i have always gone with Playstation but for my portable gaming they dont do that. Its just half ased spin-offs of good games.