By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tales of Xillia has sold 1 million copies WW, new English Tales of Xillia 2 trailer (Update: Direct feed trailer)

BasilZero said:
Nem said:
Zesteria will also likely be a PS3 exclusive aswell, so Tales fans have no choice. Theres gonna be 5 exclusive Tales games on the PS3. Its a no-brainer. Though i dont recommend Graces. xD

Cant be as bad as Legendia.

it's not, legendia was terrible. i enjoyed graces F quite a lot.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Nem said:
Zesteria will also likely be a PS3 exclusive aswell, so Tales fans have no choice. Theres gonna be 5 exclusive Tales games on the PS3. Its a no-brainer. Though i dont recommend Graces. xD

Cant be as bad as Legendia.

Well, at the end of the day i wouldnt want to play either one. Legendia was essentially flawed. Graces systems work, but the combat becomes basicaly a button spammer cause theres no TP system. The way the damage works is dumb aswell. If you get a combo with your party you do stupid ammounts of damage, like exponencially bigger, wich makes your regular attacks pretty much wet noodles. It removes alot of strategy from the combat for me since all you gotta do is juggle your enemy and its win.

Besides that, the story is just way too childish. Definitly aimed at a younger demographic. The pacing of the story is also worse than the dragon ball anime. Theres hardly any at all, and i didnt care much for the character wich were hastely put together. You can totally tell the game was hastily put together and lacked any direction as the developments that happen in the story never have a build up and you will be crossing the world to save some thing you essentially dont get what they are until later in the game. More systems are just a chore. Xillia improved on them alot.

Nem said:

cause theres no TP system.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Wright said:
tiffac said:
Wright said:

Ignoring the Xbox now, what happened between Namco and Nintendo? Did Symphonia 2 sales scared them off?

I think it was the sales difference between Tales of Graces (Wii) and Tales of Graces: F (PS3) that made the bigger difference.

Who would have thought that a worlwide release would sell better than a Japan-only game!

Ugh... no I only meant the difference in Japan. Sorry, I thought that was quite obvious.

Mad55 said:
fatslob-:O said:
Darc Requiem said:
Note to Namco: Cheap out on the voices. There the most expensive part in localization.

Namco don't listen to him. I, and other JRPG fans, do NOT want another Baten Kaitos style localization from you. I was so glad that Nintendo localized the prequel.

If you were really a fan then you would play the game with subtitles instead of using english voice actors. Do you want the franchise dead or alive ? 

What the hell? I have played every tales game released in america and a few that nly came to Japan and I would definately be mad if we got a Tales with no english voice acting. I don't uderstand japanese and I would much prefer to hear the story and characters be told through my native language audio wise. Saying someone isn't a real fan because they wouldn't want just subbs is BS.

If you were really a fan then it wouldn't matter whether the audio was in japanese or not because regardless the fans wouldn't cry over a small thing such as no english dubs and shit. It is simply better to have something rather than nothing so be lucky that you even get the game at all in english texts. :P

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
Darc Requiem said:
Note to Namco: Cheap out on the voices. There the most expensive part in localization.

Namco don't listen to him. I, and other JRPG fans, do NOT want another Baten Kaitos style localization from you. I was so glad that Nintendo localized the prequel.

If you were really a fan then you would play the game with subtitles instead of using english voice actors. Do you want the franchise dead or alive ? 

What the hell? I have played every tales game released in america and a few that nly came to Japan and I would definately be mad if we got a Tales with no english voice acting. I don't uderstand japanese and I would much prefer to hear the story and characters be told through my native language audio wise. Saying someone isn't a real fan because they wouldn't want just subbs is BS.

If you were really a fan then it wouldn't matter whether the audio was in japanese or not because regardless the fans wouldn't cry over a small thing such as no english dubs and shit. It is simply better to have something rather than nothing so be lucky that you even get the game at all in english texts. :P

No dub is a big thing in a game like tales for me not small. Right now were getting more than the bare minimum and Namco are profiting so that says something right? Namco is not some small company they should wan't their prized japanese rpg to be shown with more effort in other terrotories like the west and that includes adding english dubbs, imo anyway. 

Nem said:

I wonder when they will announce Tales of Zesteria or whatever it's called

Soriku said:
Wright said:
Nem said:

cause theres no TP system.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

It uses the CC system instead which is like...rechargeable TP. But that's barely scratching the surface of the whole system. It's pretty different.

I don't really agree with Nem that it's just a button masher, but I was playing on Evil/Chaos for most of the game. Don't know what difficulty he was playing on.

The story is OK. It's nothing special and I think the character interactions drive it. In the future arc too the story is generic but the interactions were very good so I was still interested.

Well, like normal people i played it on normal. lol

The CC system is recharged almost instantly aslong as you stop for a second. Still the way the damage works was just too frustrating. I like to strategize the arts i map to the shortcuts to maximize damage, and in Tales of graces that was completely useless. You just want to keep a juggle going because the damage increases exponentially and its the only way to kill the harder enemies. In Xillia the damage doesnt work that way and you cant just spam the same moves over and over otherwise you run out of TP, forcing you to strategize the usage of artes and combos. A much better system.

Though Abyss and Vesperia are still my favorite ones.

Nem said:

Hard people play in hard, Nem!

Wright said:
Nem said:

Hard people play in hard, Nem!

I save my hard mode for others pleasures. ;)