By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tales of Xillia has sold 1 million copies WW, new English Tales of Xillia 2 trailer (Update: Direct feed trailer)

fatslob-:O said:
Darc Requiem said:
Note to Namco: Cheap out on the voices. There the most expensive part in localization.

Namco don't listen to him. I, and other JRPG fans, do NOT want another Baten Kaitos style localization from you. I was so glad that Nintendo localized the prequel.

If you were really a fan then you would play the game with subtitles instead of using english voice actors. Do you want the franchise dead or alive ? 

I don't read or speak Japanese. So I prefer english in all my games. Now if I have the choice of subtitles or no localization. I'll take subtitles.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Darc Requiem said:
Note to Namco: Cheap out on the voices. There the most expensive part in localization.

Namco don't listen to him. I, and other JRPG fans, do NOT want another Baten Kaitos style localization from you. I was so glad that Nintendo localized the prequel.

If you were really a fan then you would play the game with subtitles instead of using english voice actors. Do you want the franchise dead or alive ? 

I don't read or speak Japanese. So I prefer english in all my games. Now if I have the choice of subtitles or no localization. I'll take subtitles.

Then we have reached to the agreement that having something is better than nothing now. ;P

One million copies and still no multiplatform release :(

Soriku said:
Darc Requiem said:

lol wut. Why would you tell them to skimp on the localization and gimp the games when Xillia did well? How does that even make sense?

You realize by skimp I mean take out the voice acting, right ? I not sure about you but 200K in the US isn't great. 

Wright said:

It would sell like 10k on the Xbox :P

Around the Network
Soriku said:

You realize by skimp I mean take out the voice acting, right ? I not sure about you but 200K in the US isn't great. 

The sales are good. You just can't seem to tell the difference between good and bad sales for a JRPG.

And read my edit. They can't always get the JP voices. And having the games with no voice at all would be the worst thing ever for the series.

You realize that JRPGs last generation have sold better in th US than this generation, right ? So how on earth is 200k a good thing ? 

What would be even worse is not being able to understand what is going on in the game is worse, right ? 

BTW sales for JRPGs have been terrible all around this generation. 

AshKetchum1992 said:
Wright said:

To be fair the 360 has jrpgs that have sold pretty well. ToV included, you'd be surprised how many of my Xbox friends would've bought Tales of Xillia if it was on 360.

iceland said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
Wright said:

To be fair the 360 has jrpgs that have sold pretty well. ToV included, you'd be surprised how many of my Xbox friends would've bought Tales of Xillia if it was on 360.

On this gen I don't think its worth it since the 360 has completely different architecture and they'd basically have to redo everything, but for next gen I don't see any reason why the X1 won't get more JRPG ports.

Under tracked then?

230K in the West in such a short period of time is very very good :)